Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Corn on the Cob and BBQ Beans  (Read 1367 times)

Thomas Andrews

• WKC Brave
Corn on the Cob and BBQ Beans
« on: August 25, 2014, 09:09:47 AM »
Greetings!

I'm smoking some spare ribs tonight and I thought I'd make some bbq beans and some corn on the cobs to go with it too.

How long do corn on the cobs take and does anybody have a tried and trusted recipe for bbq beans they could point me in the direction of?

Many thanks.

MartyG

• WKC Performer
Re: Corn on the Cob and BBQ Beans
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 09:19:53 AM »
Plenty of advice to come I'm sure, but I did make corn this weekend using a new recipe, and it turned out OK. Not the best I've ever had, but pretty good. Start with husked cobs, mix a packet of Lipton Onion Soup mix with a few tablespoons of Mayo, slather it on. Wrap each cob with a strip (or two) of bacon. Wrap the whole deal in foil and grill over hot coals for 20 mins or so - turning several times. Like I said, it worked out OK, but needed more flavor. The corn had a nice char on it. The bacon doesn't like to stay wrapped once you take it out of the foil, but who cares?

Best beans I've ever had come from here:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=11590.0

Let us know what you end up with, and do like I say, not like I do and take pics!  ;D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 09:34:03 AM by MartyG »

Thomas Andrews

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 10:30:42 AM »
Thanks, Marty!

It's just started to rain real heavy so I'm going to postpone it till tomorrow morning now.

Lerxst

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 10:43:06 AM »
I think this is only as good as the corn, but all I've been doing is this:

Remove some, not all of the husks from the cobs.

Soak them in a bucket for about 1/2 hour or so.

Put them indirect on a hot bbq for about 15 - 20 minutes.  I occasionally move and rotate them over the coals for a few minutes each.

Take them off and let them stand for a few minutes, then remove all of the husk and silk.  It comes off easily, but be careful - they are hot.

I then put the naked cobs over the coals to get a little char mark here and there.

Best I've ever had.
"Woke up this morning thinking - what can I barbecue next!  This is fun!"