Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ace Hardware not playing nice  (Read 1362 times)

toddmog

• WKC Brave
Ace Hardware not playing nice
« on: April 29, 2014, 08:25:48 AM »
Went into an Ace today looking for some parts and noticed they still had the floor display brick red performer.  (Same store where I got mine a couple of months ago)  Upon closer inspection, it has UPC stickers for Crimson.  I was thinking "man, I can't tell the crimson and brick red apart."  Upon closer inspection again...the date code on the vent was AU...same as my brick red performer.  Looking closely I could tell they had also put the new UPC stickers over the old ones.  So I guess they are trying to sell their last brick red performer off as a crimson.  I didn't ask what they had in the back.
2013 22.5 WSM, 2012 Brick Red Performer Platinum, 2012 SJG (Mini WSM), 2011 Q300, 2008 18.5 WSM, 1998 Gas Go Anywhere

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Ace Hardware not playing nice
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 09:00:56 AM »
Seems you're saying that instead of clearancing out an old model they are selling an old model as new? (For the same price?)

I've never seen either and don't trust Internet pictures. So is a "Crimson" bright red or brick red? Or brick red but not the brick red?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

toddmog

• WKC Brave
Re: Ace Hardware not playing nice
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 09:08:23 AM »
Seems you're saying that instead of clearancing out an old model they are selling an old model as new? (For the same price?)

I've never seen either and don't trust Internet pictures. So is a "Crimson" bright red or brick red? Or brick red but not the brick red?

It seems they are selling the old model as new.  Back in February I went in hoping to lay eyes on a Crimson in person.  They had the Brick Red on display marked at $299 instead of $349.  I figured it was the last one and said I'd take it...for $50 off, I could live with Brick Red over Crimson.  They scanned it and it came up at $349 and said they had two in stock.  So, they brought me one from the back in a box and adjusted the price down to $299.  I've been back a few times and they had marked it back up to $349, but today was the first time I noticed it said Crimson.  It clearly has an AU vent code from 2012.

I can't answer your second question since I've never seen a true Crimson in the wild!
2013 22.5 WSM, 2012 Brick Red Performer Platinum, 2012 SJG (Mini WSM), 2011 Q300, 2008 18.5 WSM, 1998 Gas Go Anywhere