Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Sunday  (Read 1516 times)

saxart

• WKC Ranger
Weber Sunday
« on: December 08, 2013, 06:56:27 PM »
Well, I guess today was "Weber Sunday", and yet again, the members of the WKC came together to make it happen.

A fellow forum member wanted to own the Brownie 26, but the problem was it needed to go clear across the state.  How to get it there?   Jeff to the rescue! 

Here is a recent picture of this grill:

It's a great old grill with lots of stories to tell.  I hope the it's new owner is happy to have it in his stable.

Jeff was passing within an hour of my location after a short vacation, so we loaded up the Brown kettle and met in a Wal-Mart parking lot after a very snowy and slippery hour's drive.   Jeff was nice enough to let me purchase one of his treasures.  Here are a couple pictures of the lid once we got back home:  (I was too lazy to get the whole thing out and set it up just for a quick picture.)

Yes it's RED, and yes it's an SJ.   RED SJ = GRAIL!    THANK YOU JEFF!

Of course through the magic of a smart phone, I was able to check Craigslist in this new location before heading home and scored this:

(Sorry for the poor pic quality, I'll get some better ones after cleaning the grill once the weather is nicer.)

This is a REALLY clean old grill.  There is one thing odd about it.  It has a small LUMP in the porcelain as you can see here in the previous owner's pic:

The lump looks like a "bubble" but it seems solid, as if either something is trapped under the porcelain coating, or it is just a really thick spot.   Still, a very nice old kettle.

To celebrate all of this good Weber carma, we decided to throw a Fattie in the Mini once we got home.

Cooking..  (Notice how the bottom gets darker with the heat)

Done cooking:   (170 deg)

I always forget to get decent 'plated' pic, but here's one after we already ate half of it:  (LOL)

That's all for "Weber Sunday".   Let's see what tomorrow brings!    ;)

« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 07:12:38 PM by saxart »
Interested in ANY offset handle SJs you may have.

kendoll

• WKC Ranger
Re: Weber Sunday
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 07:07:14 PM »
Nice work guys. Super jealous of that red SJ!

Ken
Willing to trade first born for: *Ranger (any colour) *Westerner (yeah right)

*Imperial (Glen-Blue) *Brown GA

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 07:28:39 PM »
Awesome teamwork and nice scores!

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 07:33:27 PM »
Nice job guys!!!

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 07:47:19 PM »
Nice to meet you Art! This was a successful 3 way trade/collaboration that was made very challenging by treacherous travel during some ugly weather that made the roads very dangerous for Art and myself.  I saw no less than a dozen multi car accidents on the way home through southern Wisconsin and into northern Illinois.  A simple 6 hour commute turned into 9 hours after all was said and done.  The most important part was that all kettles made it home safely!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 08:22:14 PM »
awesome story!  Im sure you guys are getting clobbered with the cold stuff more than we did in Dallas but you all soldiered on.  Sweet red SJ, brownie, and random MBH blackie.  i vote to call it Sarah Jessica Parker. SJP in honor of the blemish..
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.