Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Breakfast by Weber  (Read 1017 times)

leeharvey418

• WKC Brave
Breakfast by Weber
« on: June 01, 2020, 04:57:20 PM »
I took leftover potatoes and Brussels sprouts, both roasted on the grill at different times, and threw them into an iron skillet to make a hash. I also grilled an elk ribeye, and basted a couple of eggs in another skillet.

Man, I like the space on the 26”...

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
2020 26" OKP; 2006 Q 200 Silver; 1997 Red Mist SSP; 2000 22” Plum OTG; and I'm gonna call it a 1975 Smokey Joe

getjeffrey

• Smokey Joe
Re: Breakfast by Weber
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 05:09:20 PM »
Sweet!

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 02:38:48 AM »
A basted egg, a lost art and seldom heard term anymore
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 03:13:57 AM »
I had to google basted egg. Then I made myself 2 this morning. Very good. I’d love to try some elk some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 03:38:58 AM »
I had to google basted egg. Then I made myself 2 this morning. Very good. I’d love to try some elk some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
That is why this place is fun !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

leeharvey418

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 06:28:12 AM »
The elk came from a farm in eastern Iowa - The Missus is from there, and her brother knew this guy from selling at the Iowa City Farmer's Market.  We were out there for Memorial Day, and went to the farm to see what he had.  I got a half dozen packs of ribeyes (two per half-pound pack), a couple of tenderloin filets, some ground meat, and some pastrami.  I wasn't bowled over by the ribeye the first time I grilled one, but we'll call that a trial run, because they came out fantastic the second time.

The hash was the best part of the whole plate.  The potatoes went into a foil pouch with shallots, extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper - 15 minutes directly over the coals, followed by maybe 20 minutes on the indirect side, and they were nice and tender.  The Brussels sprouts were done pretty much the same way, except that instead of shallots, they had red onion and a cubed honeycrisp apple in the pouch, along with some balsamic vinegar.  Those were both done during the week, then on Saturday morning, I took the leftovers from each and put them in the skillet on the grill - no extra oil or seasoning required.  I had enough left over that the next day I reheated the remaining potato-sprout hash with the other ribeye on the stove top and mixed in a couple of scrambled eggs.  I was pretty proud of myself.

And I didn't know that basted eggs had a name until a year or two ago, but I knew what they were and that I liked them.
2020 26" OKP; 2006 Q 200 Silver; 1997 Red Mist SSP; 2000 22” Plum OTG; and I'm gonna call it a 1975 Smokey Joe

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 04:52:46 PM »
Elk is very good imo, no matter how you do it. My son went hunting couple hrs ago and got a cow. We ate that sucker in just a couple months.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club