Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Understanding wife…..  (Read 443 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Understanding wife…..
« on: May 26, 2021, 04:47:35 PM »
My wife’s Facebook post…..we had thunderstorms rolling through this evening.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

teejhanson

• WKC Brave
Re: Understanding wife…..
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 04:51:09 PM »
That is simply amazing! I love it!!! She’s a keeper, the wife and the grill!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 04:56:35 PM »

That is simply amazing! I love it!!! She’s a keeper, the wife and the grill!

And no worries Teej, Lemonhead (she named it) is safe tonight in the Weber room.

teejhanson

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2021, 05:20:21 PM »
I’m glad it’s safe and sound; I had no worry at all. It looks pretty sharp in the room! I love the name too.

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2021, 05:30:56 PM »
That’s a great wife!

Weber room is looking good Greg. No jokes today about Lemmon head being exiled....lol

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2021, 05:41:19 PM »

I’m glad it’s safe and sound; I had no worry at all. It looks pretty sharp in the room! I love the name too.

Thanks!  Still marveling over the color….

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2021, 05:42:05 PM »

That’s a great wife!

Weber room is looking good Greg. No jokes today about Lemmon head being exiled....lol
Oh it’ll be back on the deck in no time.  Can’t keep that beauty caged!

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2021, 04:10:14 AM »
Your Weber Room has given a whole new meaning to group therapy.
2021 Bluebonnet Brewoff Winner
1st Place Gold Medal - Munich Helles
1st Place Gold Medal - Oktoberfest

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2021, 05:13:02 AM »
Your Weber Room has given a whole new meaning to group therapy.
Empty nest things..... It used to have an HO model train layout in it.  Before that, saltwater reef tanks.  Grills take the least amount of maintenance - probably the least demanding hobby I've tried.

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2021, 05:23:00 AM »
Speaking of maintaining...I will now completely clean my kettles after each use. Yes, completely! Not going to spend days and days scraping carbon again.
Look at it like a set of pots and pans. Everyone washes them after each use. We even clean our kitchen gas range after each cook. My kettles deserve the same attention!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2021, 05:59:20 AM »
Speaking of maintaining...I will now completely clean my kettles after each use. Yes, completely! Not going to spend days and days scraping carbon again.
Look at it like a set of pots and pans. Everyone washes them after each use. We even clean our kitchen gas range after each cook. My kettles deserve the same attention!
If that makes you happy I say go for it, for me, my grills are more like my 1st wife, rode hard put up wet and left a little dirty !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2021, 06:02:39 AM »
If that makes you happy I say go for it, for me, my grills are more like my 1st wife, rode hard put up wet and left a little dirty !!

LMFAO

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2021, 06:25:41 AM »
I like to keep most of mine clean, but I have a couple of work horses that are well seasoned and really turn out some great BBQ flavors I think due to that.  The well seasoned ones are not allowed in the house - keep them covered outside and ready for action.

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2021, 03:29:09 AM »
I like to keep most of mine clean, but I have a couple of work horses that are well seasoned and really turn out some great BBQ flavors I think due to that.  The well seasoned ones are not allowed in the house - keep them covered outside and ready for action.

My offset firebox smoker is well seasoned. I clean it, but not often.
My Cooker has been abused and neglected over the decades, actually sitting out side all winter long. I won't make that mistake again. It looks amazingly good considering the torture it's taken.

My two real Weber's are parked in the garage, alongside my Weber Wanabee (Happy Cooker). I don't think my wife would allow grills in the house, mainly due to the BBQ smoke odor they have. My smoker has an awesome pecan / mesquite aroma!