Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Smokey Joe Premium  (Read 596 times)

Caver42

• Smokey Joe
Smokey Joe Premium
« on: August 26, 2019, 01:05:55 PM »
I have read several reviews of the above indicating it is difficult to keep lit, especially when doing indirect cooking. I'm hoping someone had had extensive experience and advise how best to use this grill.

Caver42

• Smokey Joe
Re: Smokey Joe Premium
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 08:04:07 AM »
Well I assume no one has had problems, either that or no fixes. After 150 reads and no suggestions perhaps the reviews I read were very isolated and this grill actually has no problems. Thanks for looking, I'm going to proceed as if I've read no negative reviews and see how it goes.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 02:04:09 PM »
I don't have one with the side vents, but I read something about them not having as good of airflow. No first hand experience though

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 04:54:57 AM »
If it’s the Outrider you’re talking about, I did a snake in mine a little while back that lasted 10 hours. I was impressed. It won’t get as hot as a bottom vented grill but that’s ok for me.

In the market for unicorns: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH