Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I Have Found My People  (Read 480 times)

Qlube

• Happy Cooker
I Have Found My People
« on: June 30, 2019, 07:43:56 PM »
Hailing from Silicon Valley, CA, USA.

My original One Touch handle broke, so I got and installed the replacement. Then I thought, can I install one on my old kettle?  To answer my question, I go online and discover WKC.  Oh my.

These are my people, I thought. A forum of like-minded folks who love and respect their Weber kettles. For years I have scoffed at gas, passing by the sea of stainless steel at the home improvement stores without a second glance. For basic backyard grilling, there is no substitute for charcoal, and no substitute for the Weber kettle.

I own and regularly use two kettles.  I have a large family, and 15-20 is the norm for a cookout, so one grill won’t do. The old one is an A:1979, the newer one is a DZ:2008 (learned their ages at WKC).

Full disclosure, I did own a non-Weber grill for 20+ years that I used as the second.  It was originally a cast iron gas grill that Dad converted to charcoal, bless his soul. I couldn’t say no to Mom when it needed a home.

I was shocked when I realized I’ve been using my kettle for 40 years!  Now that I’ve found WKC, I take pause at the idea of drilling a hole in the venerable old grill to install a One Touch.  It feels like sacrilege.

I have so much to learn and explore, I look forward to interacting with my people.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: I Have Found My People
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 03:12:26 AM »
Yep, you will fit right in here. Welcome from greenwood Indiana!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 03:21:06 AM »
Welcome from Virginia Beach, VA.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 03:58:21 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga you will fit in nicely here. We love to cook and have fun too!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 04:47:52 AM »
Hello and welcome from FL

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 05:30:34 AM »
Welcome to the club!!!

Greetings from Greendale, WI.  Sounds like you’ll fit in just fine here. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

Hollando

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2019, 07:14:33 AM »
Welcome from Toronto, Canada.

-H