Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Sausage making!  (Read 736 times)

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Sausage making!
« on: December 27, 2018, 06:01:17 PM »
A few posts back I mentioned my dad and I were going to make homemade sausage.  A rainy Indiana day proved the perfect day for it.  We used my grandfather’s grinder, a vintage Enterprise #5.  It was special because my grandpa passed in 1984.  It hasn’t been used since the early 80s.  I received it when my grandmother passed recently in July.  I’d imagine the grinder is 40-50 years old. 

My first sausage making experience aside from turning the crank when I was a boy.   We made 4 pounds of sweet Italian and four pounds of hot Italian.  The test patties were great, so I think we nailed its.  A fun afternoon with dad.  We rarely get 1:1 time.   Lots of laughs and reminiscing.  Proof that food and tradition brings and keeps us together.   
k
Grandpa [emoji56]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Sausage making!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 05:04:48 AM »
That is what I'm talking about right there, family memories being made and reminiscing about old memories, and making great food, Looks good!!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 05:24:50 AM »
Very cool. Keeping the tradition going. Thanks for sharing that

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 08:57:33 AM »
Let the sausage sit in the fridge overnight.   Twisted up the links this morning.  Lunchtime snack!

Hot Italian

Sweet Italian

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 12:03:18 PM »
Man that looks great! Still have not made any sausage but looking forward to it. I'm sure your Grandpa would be proud your still using it.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

SmokeVide

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2018, 12:41:26 PM »
Love the story. I, too, remember getting to turn the crank sometimes when I was really young -- and loved it! Nowadays, the Kitchenaid turns the crank for me, but it's still fun, especially when one of my daughters joins in. Great post, Michael.
Brian
Seeking: 26 rotisserie

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2018, 04:17:42 AM »
Nice lookin links...