Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Accessory Sneak Preview  (Read 6663 times)

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
Re: New Accessory Sneak Preview
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2018, 03:12:33 AM »
Awesome!  Thank you.

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
New Accessory Sneak Preview
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2018, 03:06:07 PM »
@Larry The BBQ Guy, here is my review!

Part of the problem with the Smokey Joe, is that, while it is great for direct heat cooks, it can be tricky for cooking indirectly.  I have been looking for an efficient way to do indirect cooks in a SJ for sometime now and thanks to the BBQItAll, I have found a great way to convert the SJ, (which a lot of Weber fans use more as a stand to put their chimneys on when lighting charcoal) into a legitimate cooker.

Using two sections of the BBQItAll, I did several cooks involving different cuts of meat and different formations to test out the product and I love the results.  I have been using my SJ more than ever since receiving this cool gadget. 

The first formation I tried was with a Weber mini chimney full of completely lit charcoal on the outside of the ring, banked on 1/2 - 3/4 of the SJ.  The included spacers do a great job of keeping your charcoal organized and packed together in the grill - they are also adjustable so you can spread them further apart or closer together depending on how much charcoal you are using.  I reverse seared sirloin steaks, cooked chicken breast, cheeseburgers, bratwurst and hot dogs (a lot of the same foods you would cook using the SJ on a campout or tailgating anyway way).  The results were outstanding!  Just what I was looking for!  More zone and temperature control using the small SJ!

I also did Vortex style chicken wings once again using a full Weber mini chimney of completely lit briquettes.  The charcoal went into the center of the ring this time, with 12 chicken wings lined around the outer diameter of the cook grate.  Since the ring isn't coned at the top, the charcoal didn't heat the grill as evenly as a vortex (which isn't made for a SJ anyway) and I had to rearrange and babysit the wings more than I am used to.  However, having said that, the final results were the same.  Wings that were super crispy on the outside and tender on the inside!  Great for when you are just cooking enough for yourself!

I contacted Larry about testing this product for the SJ and I couldn't be more pleased!  I didn't test this product for larger grills (thanks for the extra sections Larry, I WILL be using them in my 18, 22, and eventual 26" Webers!), there are plenty of reviews for those sized grills.  For anyone looking to take their grilling to the next level at a tailgate party or when only cooking for 1-2 people (although, most of my cooks were the main entree for a family of 4), I couldn't give the BBQItAll a higher recommendation.  6/5 stars!  It provides a versatility never before seen on Weber's smallest grill!

Pros:
-Allows for indirect cooking on the Smokey Joe, whether charcoal is on the inside of the ring or spread on the outside of the ring.  This gadget increases the amount of space on your cook grate!

-The spacers/dividers can be adjusted for the amount of charcoal being used.

-Quality stainless steel!

-Can be used for 14", 18", 22", 26" Weber kettles! 

Cons (minor!!!):
-Banking against the inside of a kettle.  A lot of people, myself included, aren't comfortable banking charcoal against the grill wall after seeing what super high heat banking can do to vintage kettle OVER TIME.  HOWEVER, when using larger grills with the BBQItAll, most people are using the snake method for low and slow which shouldn't get the grills walls hot enough to do damage OVER TIME!  Most people don't have or cook on colored SJs and aren't as worried about banking damage to a standard SJ.

-The metal was a little hard bend in order to screw together when only using two sections.  Not impossible though and not something that would keep me from purchasing this product!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 06:17:35 AM by Lowbrass »
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2018, 03:19:28 PM »
Just used mine again today for some ribs. Another great cook..could not have been easier! I have been deciding what to leave out over the winter and I think this little gadget is going to allow me to leave my WSM's in the basement until Spring. I think I can easily make do with just a kettle (or two) out for the winter.

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2018, 03:32:02 PM »
More pictures from test cooks:

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2018, 03:38:57 PM »
Very cool lowbrass. I can’t believe that’s an sj.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Larry The BBQ Guy

• WKC Brave
    • BBQitALL
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2018, 03:58:58 PM »
Thanks @Lowbrass . It's great to see people getting creative with the sj and BBQitALL. That's what it's all about!
26" Orig. Premium Black, 22" Orig. black, 22" Jumbo Joe black, 14" Smokey Joe black. More to come.

Larry The BBQ Guy

• WKC Brave
    • BBQitALL
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2018, 07:10:50 PM »
I wanted to let everyone know that the BBQitALL website is now up and running.

http://www.bbqitall.com

Please check it out!

Larry

26" Orig. Premium Black, 22" Orig. black, 22" Jumbo Joe black, 14" Smokey Joe black. More to come.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2018, 11:28:12 AM »
@Larry The BBQ Guy - Funny that I just came across this post today.  I just had someone reach out to me on Facebook asking where he could get a slow-n-sear for his ranch kettle.  Adrenaline BBQ might not be making any more of them.  Do you have a BBQ It All for the Ranch Kettle yet or have plans to make one? Slow n sear for the ranch kettle is $319 so I think a BBQ It All at price point around $100 would sell well.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Larry The BBQ Guy

• WKC Brave
    • BBQitALL
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2018, 09:18:52 PM »
Hi Mike, I don't have a ranch but I would love to have the dimensions of it to see how I might be able to get the BBQitALL all to fit. BBQitALL is made in sections and it's designed so that two sections fit the 14 inch, three sections fit the 18 inch, four sections fit the 22, and five sections fit the 26. It would be great if I could have an equal number of sections also fit the Ranch. If you have the dimensions I sure would love them. If you do, I will see what I can do about making one that would fit. Maybe I could get you a  BBQitALL for free if you could test it for me.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2018, 05:54:15 PM »
Hi Mike, I don't have a ranch but I would love to have the dimensions of it to see how I might be able to get the BBQitALL all to fit. BBQitALL is made in sections and it's designed so that two sections fit the 14 inch, three sections fit the 18 inch, four sections fit the 22, and five sections fit the 26. It would be great if I could have an equal number of sections also fit the Ranch. If you have the dimensions I sure would love them. If you do, I will see what I can do about making one that would fit. Maybe I could get you a  BBQitALL for free if you could test it for me.

Larry, tell me what dimensions you want exactly and I'll go out tomorrow and get some measurements for you.  I'm extremely interested as I have every size Weber from a SJS up to a Ranch.