Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Room enough for 2 spare ribs on kettle?  (Read 778 times)

david_uk

• Happy Cooker
Room enough for 2 spare ribs on kettle?
« on: May 28, 2018, 04:56:51 AM »
 Never tried 2 on there before. Is that too close? I put the larger thicker one nearer.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

TheKevman

• WKC Brave
Re: Room enough for 2 spare ribs on kettle?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 05:00:36 AM »
I do two racks of baby backs at a time on my 22.5" Kettle all the time--including later today! I think that looks good--maybe try to squeeze a little bit more daylight between the two racks, but you're probably fine. Best of luck!
A man who has an experience is never at the mercy of a man who has just a theory.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 07:00:12 AM »
That looks fine.  I would rotate them a couple times (front to back...back to front) a couple times to ensure even cooking.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 05:09:01 PM »
Use weber charcoal baskets or one large one to keep coals tightly to one side. 2 ribs on 22" should be no issues but if you wanted more.... use rib rack and stand them up side ways and get 3-4 full ribs on.

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 07:09:06 AM »
Use weber charcoal baskets or one large one to keep coals tightly to one side. 2 ribs on 22" should be no issues but if you wanted more.... use rib rack and stand them up side ways and get 3-4 full ribs on.

I have done as many as 4 racks with the Rib Rack...

Looks good to me!!

Here piggy piggy piggy.... :)
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...