Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Just a few of the Galley Que's  (Read 1594 times)

harris92

• WKC Performer
Re: Just a few of the Galley Que's
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 02:55:23 AM »
Paging @harris92

Very cool concept that I wish they still made

I see 5 of them everyday. The 18.5” aqua Galley Que is one of the coolest grills made by Weber. Amazing to see in person.

NOS 1960 Galley Que. The sellers grandparents received it as a wedding present in 1960. Still has the original red packing tape around the lip of the lid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2018, 07:23:37 AM »
A couple features on the last GQ model I find really interesting are the wire clip that secures the twist on ash pan to the legs, and the bracket that secures the charcoal grate to the bowl (I imagine George Stephens lost a charcoal grate or two when tossing spent coals overboard).

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2018, 07:25:59 AM »
A couple features on the last GQ model I find really interesting are the wire clip that secures the twist on ash pan to the legs, and the bracket that secures the charcoal grate to the bowl (I imagine George Stephens lost a charcoal grate or two when tossing spent coals overboard).

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Great photos.  My black galley has the bracket for the charcoal grate too.  Another addition on this 80's Galley Que...the thin cable attaching the lid to the bowl.  I'm sure George lost a lid or two as well in his day!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2018, 07:44:23 AM »
Here’s a pic of my second 18.5 on display at a “Modern Shop” at time of discovery.  Also, they have a two tone wheel which is interesting.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 07:55:31 AM by harris92 »

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2018, 07:53:37 AM »
This is a cool pic. About three years ago an acquaintance stumbled onto this on display at a boutique type shop. This was a pic as he spotted it. It is a NOS 18.5” aqua Galley. So far only three have been seen.

He bought it for his wife and they proudly have it on display in their home.