Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Remove side handle / add on lid bale  (Read 942 times)

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
Remove side handle / add on lid bale
« on: September 27, 2017, 02:54:14 PM »
A buddy of mine has a beater one touch gold that he was going to add a lid bale to and wanted to remove one of the bowl handles.    It seemed wrong at first but then I thought what's the big deal.

Anyone ever done this?

steveOH

• Smokey Joe
Re: Remove side handle / add on lid bale
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 03:05:02 PM »
Go for it why not it's just a beater

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 03:58:50 AM »
some of the blackies I've robbed handle frames off of come off easily, but I've had a couple Red Master-Touches that I mounted in OTP carts were a PITA to remove. one I drilled on the spot welds on the interior of the bowl to wiggle it off but the porcelain damage wasn't worth doing it again and the next one I just sacrificed the handle and took a cutoff tool to it.
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

SteveZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 04:52:44 AM »
I've taken a few handles off. None were easy. If you find a better way post it.
SSP Caribique, Black 2nd Generation Performer, 2018 Green Performer, 1970 MBH 26 Black (Fleetwood) with Roti, 1965 Thumb Screw 49er, (2) Black 18 OTG, 2017 Black Master Touch, Black Genesis Silver B.  E code 14 WSM, AH code 18 WSM, AH code 22 WSM,

MDurso

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 05:20:35 AM »
make sure it's the correct one.
Inventor of things: labelers, automation, currency and counterfeit, cooking, gaming, tech industry, and medical.