Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First In The Rain Cook  (Read 837 times)

clarissa

• WKC Brave
First In The Rain Cook
« on: September 16, 2017, 02:51:16 PM »
Tonight I was hoping to get my grill lit and cook done before any droplets arrived. Lit my chimney with a tumbleweed this time to test it out. Did a fine job but plenty of smoke. Beginning to think it is the briquettes and not any of the starters I use.

Anyway, used a center heat for indirect  chicken around the grill. No sooner got it all set and it started to rain heavier. Pushed my grill as close as possible to my table and opened the umbrella to give a bit of cover. Worked fine.

Here is the result

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: First In The Rain Cook
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 04:04:54 PM »
The color on that chicken is incredible. And what's that charcoal holder? Looks vaguely dog dish-ish. Something aluminum, or ?

And I'm sorry to everyone else, but you Win The Internet tonight!

... Lit my chimney with a tumbleweed this time...[/img]

(I've used leaves before, and yeah it's pretty darn acrid. No more of that.)
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

clarissa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 04:52:36 PM »
The container is my poortex....made from a tapered angel food cake pan. Works well.  Gets very hot. The chicken was slathered with bbq sauce...Sweet Baby Ray......tender, juicy meat and crisp crunchy skin. Cooked for just over an hour

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 05:06:43 PM »
Looks great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.