Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Brisquet  (Read 905 times)

Jdc

• Happy Cooker
Brisquet
« on: September 12, 2017, 02:10:26 PM »
I am usually a kamado joe user but i also havé à kettle for camping. Is it possible to Cook low and slow on a 18 inches kettle or would i be better with a master touch?
Thanks

Jason

• WKC Ranger
Re: Brisquet
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 04:52:37 PM »
Welcome to the club @Jdc !!

If you are specifically asking about brisket, I'd suggest the Master Touch. A full packer brisket isn't too difficult to do on a 22, no accessories or modifications needed. An 18 can do a lot of things, but a whole brisket might be a bit challenging, without accessories or modifications.

I did this 12.35lb whole brisket on a Jumbo Joe, with Cajun Bandit Stacker. I put a bowl under the brisket, when I first put it on the cooker, to get it to fit. After shrunk up a bit, I removed the bowl for the remainder of the cook.

This last picture shows a whole brisket on a 22, without any modifications. There are two fire bricks in the foil, but those are not necessary.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 04:58:58 PM by Jason »

Jdc

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 05:45:29 PM »
Thanks
Is it fairly easy ton control thé temp for thé low and slow or you havé to be checking it every half hour?

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 06:11:06 PM »
In my experience, once I have my cookers temp stabilized, I don't need to make many vent adjustments. I don't have a problem leaving my cooker unattended for 2-3 hours at a time.