Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lazzari hardwood  (Read 1356 times)

Speedster

• WKC Ranger
Lazzari hardwood
« on: August 26, 2017, 09:07:54 AM »
Thanks to the videos of fellow member TROY trying out this Lazzari lump hardwood charcoal!
40lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 11:16:49 AM by Speedster »
Webers rule

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Lazzari hardwood
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 01:27:54 PM »
Hell yes. I just finished my 2nd bag. 

Some of the chunks were YUGE

Sent from my SM-N910V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 08:07:06 PM »
Lazzari is magic.  I've been to the MotherShip just south of SF. 

I think I like the oak lump even more than the mesquite. 
One of the charcoal people.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 02:14:54 AM »
Its all over Cash & Carry @ $12 for a 40 lb bag. I usually have to break it down to a manageable size for the grills and get at least 10lb's of dust and shake. IMO its the better of the mesquite lumps available.

Their Oak lump is terrific but its usually not available in my area, but you can pick it up at the warehouse in the Bay area.
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 05:42:14 AM »
I've used a few bags of the mesquite lump and have no desire to get anymore. It's cheap in the 40# bags, but I just don't care for mesquite. However, oak sounds interesting. If I could get my hands on some of their oak at a decent price I'd be all over that.

soobaerodude

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 08:55:56 AM »
Has anyone used their firewood?  A restaurant supply store near me carries 1.7 cu ft bags of apple for about $20.

Just wondering how well they're seasoned and dried.  Hopefully they aren't like the Walmart Western wood chunks which seem to have no moisture

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 09:38:34 AM »
I've used a few bags of the mesquite lump and have no desire to get anymore. It's cheap in the 40# bags, but I just don't care for mesquite. However, oak sounds interesting. If I could get my hands on some of their oak at a decent price I'd be all over that.

I'm a bit picky on the mesquite flavor as well. I won't use mesquite as my full-time-fuel, but I'm cool with it for about half of my grilling cooks.

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 12:30:45 PM »
From the 40# bag is what I use with my Santa Maria attachment
Dude, relax your chicken.