Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Smokey and Juno Joe on metal Performer table?  (Read 884 times)

tb80

• WKC Ranger
Smokey and Juno Joe on metal Performer table?
« on: June 30, 2017, 06:55:12 PM »
Can you put the jumbo Joe and Smokey Joe on the Performer metal table  while grilling without scarring it?  Anyone tried it?  I would like to use my sjg and J and it would be most convenient to place them on my Performer table but I don't want to ruin the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

Larry

• WKC Brave
Re: Smokey and Juno Joe on metal Performer table?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 07:25:00 PM »
I have purchased a 17 7/8" x 17 7/8" tile at either the Home Depot or Lowes. I've put circular felt pads on the bottom. I place the tile on the table and I have put a 12" cast iron skillet filled with paella in it, directly on the tile. I use the tile like a large trivet. It works great and my table remains in "like new" condition. I've not put a SJ or JJ on it, but it shields the table from the heat of a cast iron skillet.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
It's always better when you're cooking on a Weber!

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
Re: Smokey and Juno Joe on metal Performer table?
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 07:48:33 PM »
I don't have the metal table, but on the plastic tables, yes it will leave hair line scratches. The heat is not an issue. Even sliding around a metal pan has scratched the plastic lightly.

The tile is a nice idea, or set it on a pizza pan, or put some kind of feet directly on the Smokey Joe if the metal table scratches easy