Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Birthday BBQ  (Read 1076 times)

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
Birthday BBQ
« on: July 01, 2017, 03:10:31 AM »
So my wife's best friend is planning a surprise 55 th bday for her . So I was asked to smoke a brisket and pork butts that day.. she has a chargriller acorn and a new Weber
310 propane grill. Since I have never used the acorn , I decided to do the brisket on my WSM and vac pack it and bring it with me. I figured that I would smoke the butts on-the acorn
I mean how bad could it be.. well after driving 7 hours from nj to Virginia. This is what I have to use..
Rust never sleeps!!! Wish me luck
More later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Birthday BBQ
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 06:58:26 AM »
Good luck, I'm sure it will be good. Does it have the heat deflector plate thing?  A friend of mine had one and finally ditched it but he said there was a plate available that he never did purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 07:23:11 AM »
I love challenges like this. Have fun.

Sent from my VS987 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 07:44:54 AM »
Send somebody to the closest supermarket to find a wire rack of some kind....or a few of them. Lay them in a pattern so you can still put your butts down. I have used baking racks in the past to good effect. Watch the air intake on the Akorn.....the temps will rise damn fast. Don't load it down with lump as it is not going to need much fuel to do the cook. If you really like the Akorn experience I have one for sale.

Edit: Why didn't you bring a Weber with you? Fucking Char Griller my ass. Just sayin'.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 07:59:59 AM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Joetee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 08:12:49 AM »
So my wife's best friend is planning a surprise 55 th bday for her . So I was asked to smoke a brisket and pork butts that day.. she has a chargriller acorn and a new Weber
310 propane grill. Since I have never used the acorn , I decided to do the brisket on my WSM and vac pack it and bring it with me. I figured that I would smoke the butts on-the acorn
I mean how bad could it be.. well after driving 7 hours from nj to Virginia. This is what I have to use..
Rust never sleeps!!! Wish me luck
More later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We all need some iron in our system.
I would get it real hot and wire brush it hard. Then maybe put some oil on the brush and oil the grate up and let it get hot again and brush it good. It doesn't need to be 100% free of a little rust. You never here on the news about someone getting sick do to rust on the grill.
Just my HO.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 09:52:20 AM »
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.