Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Popping my snake, and red SSP cherry tonight  (Read 1108 times)

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Popping my snake, and red SSP cherry tonight
« on: June 24, 2017, 07:05:11 PM »
I know I'm likely not getting a yellow or a red 26r for my SSP so I cleaned the lid and bowl and decided to officially put her into the rotation.  I had asked about splitting a packer brisket s few weeks ago for a cook and tonight she is split between the red SSP and a black OTG. I only have one SnS so I put it in the SSP and decided to try my first snake with the point on the OTG. I don't think I did the best job splitting the cuts as some of the point is still attached to the flat. I'm using the Royal Oak Chef's Select and peach wood chunks. I figure I'll be up in the middle of the night with the new born so why not enjoy a cook along the way.

If I have my phone on hand I'll try to get more pics. OTG has been running 230 rock steady with the point and the SSP has been running around 260 with the flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

vverewolf

• Smokey Joe
Re: Popping my snake, and red SSP cherry tonight
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 07:19:20 PM »
Will be an interesting method test!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 07:56:43 PM »
Enjoy that cook bud.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 08:00:44 PM »
Can't wait to see cook and payoff.  Staying tuned!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 08:02:02 PM »
Looks good!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

A bunch of black kettles
-JC

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 04:39:02 AM »
I'm the guy that should probably not try to catch sleep during a cool. Apparently our new guy woke up at 2:30 and the wife asked me if I needed to check the brisket. She tells me I just mumbled and rolled over. Woke up at 7 with the oldest. The snake was running around 280 and the SnS was at 155! Oh shit! Get outside and knock out all the ash to see a small bed of coals. Add fuel and leave the lid off. Got it running for the last hour 245-255. The point was done, probe tender, already chunked and in the fridge. The flat was not tender and I honestly don't know when I lost my heat. I'll keep at it and post later on today.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 04:51:59 AM »
That sounds like me. My wife always complains about me not waking up when the baby does. I'm not very coherent in the middle of the night. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 10:07:55 AM »