Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First cook on Ranch  (Read 1479 times)

charred

• WKC Performer
First cook on Ranch
« on: May 29, 2017, 09:03:34 AM »
No, all that space wasn't needed, but I've been itching to have at the big boy.

I was laughing the whole time....dumped 2 full chimneys and it looked like there was almost nothing on the grate.

So much glorious space. That's all I can say....plenty of space.

Everybody should get one. They're popping up all over the internet at great prices.

I'm beginning to rethink my "if I could only have one grill, it would be a 26er" mantra.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 09:06:00 AM by charred »
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: First cook on Ranch
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 09:14:22 AM »
You really do need to get bigger taters my man....like Taterzilla...the size of a pork tenderloin....

Heck, you could install a heated jacuzzi alongside the cooking on that thing....
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 09:21:33 AM »
Ha. Just that dinky 18 yer cookin' on makes it all look big!  ;D

Yeah, a friend brought those tasty tiny taters over...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 11:32:17 AM by charred »

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 09:35:55 AM »
A grillfella really needs an apron that says "Mr. Johnson" for the occasions when he cooks on his RK.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 02:15:36 PM »
Congrats! My RK is a favorite for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 04:48:10 PM »
Congrats on busting your RK cherry.      BTW, just for future reference, there's no law that says you have to dump 2 full chimney's when using an RK.   ;D ;D

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 06:09:46 PM »
Congrats on busting your RK cherry.      BTW, just for future reference, there's no law that says you have to dump 2 full chimney's when using an RK.   ;D ;D

Thanks!

That wasn't the plan going in... I was gonna to use 2 grills (wanted to break my maiden on a Gen2 Performer), so I had a chimney fired up in each. (The other being a redhead MT).

Well....I was looking at the RK and said hells bells and oyster shells by god I'm using that thing NOW, so in went the chimneys.  :)

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 06:32:30 PM »

Thanks!

That wasn't the plan going in... I was gonna to use 2 grills (wanted to break my maiden on a Gen2 Performer), so I had a chimney fired up in each. (The other being a redhead MT).

Well....I was looking at the RK and said hells bells and oyster shells by god I'm using that thing NOW, so in went the chimneys.  :)

Hahahhahaa.     Nice.   Be careful though.    I haven't used my Gen2 since getting my first RK.  In fact, I gave it to my brother.