Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ribeye, tater, stuffed mushroom on a cold night  (Read 2097 times)

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
Re: Ribeye, tater, stuffed mushroom on a cold night
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2016, 05:31:56 AM »
Great looking cook Travis

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2016, 08:31:02 AM »
Nice cook @travis.   2 girls 32, 31 and a son 29.   Have been there, done that n got the t-shirt.   Would not change a thing.   Cept with chilly weather of late....  its been a baileys n coffee night....
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2016, 09:40:46 AM »
Is the radius of the elevated rack the same as the normal 22 grill grate?  I have a couple old grill grates laying around. Just wondering if it would be worth trying to make one.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2016, 02:23:12 PM »
@HoosierKettle I'm not sure about the radius. Off the top of my head I would say it's a little smaller so the lid will fit. I know guys use smaller size grates and fit them with ss legs. I don't see why you couldn't cut one down and make legs. I'll have to check when it's not frozen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2016, 02:43:45 AM »
Nice lookin cook there Travis.
I have 2 girls myself. 8 and 10. People look at me like I'm nuts when I grill in the winter. If they could hear what is going on in my house they would want to be outside too.
Shoestringshop hit the nail on the head with his little kettle named "Seeking Sanity". 🍻😊

searching for 2 18" straight lip twist ash pans.
Mine are 9&11 and part of my explanation to people that ask about my obsession with BBQ goes into explaining how you get to go outside with a beer and especially when smoking have the "I've got to check on the ribs" out.

The wife won't complain because she doesn't have to prepare dinner and you get some peace :) win/win!

oh, and that cook looks great, specially the mushrooms!
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2016, 07:13:16 AM »
@Darko I was really praying that these two would be homely as tree bark till they're about 30, but I didn't get that lucky. They're pretty damn cute.. [emoji30][emoji29] I'll be hated and more than likely in jail within the next 10 years. Wish me luck! [emoji41]
Well, I went thru my two girls growing up... it was a challenge to say the least. My wife and I are both on our second marriages, and she also has two girls and went thru the same thing. Now, between the four of them, we have... count 'em... sixteen grand kids and one great grand kid. Now we just sit back and laff. Paybacks are a bitch...  :)
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2016, 02:25:17 AM »
@Darko I was really praying that these two would be homely as tree bark till they're about 30, but I didn't get that lucky. They're pretty damn cute.. [emoji30][emoji29] I'll be hated and more than likely in jail within the next 10 years. Wish me luck! [emoji41]
:) My wife and I were both previously married. She has two girls, I have two girls. Oy! Needless to say it was a challenge! Somehow, they are all growed up now with their own families, which made me a Pop-Pop of 16 grand kids and 1 great grand kid. I guess I'm getting old...
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Ribeye, tater, stuffed mushroom on a cold night
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2016, 03:55:46 AM »
@hawgheaven I hope to be as blessed as you someday with grandkids, and great grandkids. I'm 38, my kids are young so "someday" means a long ways away. I would like to share those days though, like you with yours, grilling with them, fishing, camping, telling stories like, "you know, your mom did that too when she was a little girl. Now have a piece of candy." [emoji16] I can't believe it makes you old, just makes you real lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 03:59:36 AM by Travis »