Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grill Thermometer  (Read 1702 times)

johncorvin

• WKC Brave
Grill Thermometer
« on: November 24, 2016, 08:51:06 PM »
Is there any post or anyway to install a thermometer to my kettle. I could steal the one off my smoker. Still cleaning it up but just can't wait to do some sort of smoking on it this weekend. Can't find any cheaper Mavericks on CL or anything for this weekend. Home depot has a cheep one but only 1 probe. For meat temp ive just always used a analog pen thermometer with the regular one on the lid on my old smoker.  Going to a 22" kettle without one is throwing me off.

Did a test run last night and did some hotdogs and cheap steaks. My first grill on a Weber. Should've taken more pics.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

johncorvin

• WKC Brave
Re: Grill Thermometer
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 08:58:26 PM »
And how about the Thermopen knock offs like the palermo. Had anyone tried them? Just grilling on a budget. That's what got me into these Weber kettles. Hope I'm not being blasphemous in any way. 😦

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 09:21:16 PM »
Directdrive has a good thermometer I nstall guide linked in this article: weberkettleclub.com/blog/2014/05/16/wkc-guide-to-bbq-grill-thermometers/ I like how the Weber bezels sit on the kettle. You can screw a dial thermometer directly onto the lid but I'm not a fan of how they just stick out.

People here really like the Thermoworks Thermapop. I've tried cheap thermometers in the past and they haven't been as reliable or robust as the thermoworks products.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

johncorvin

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 09:28:02 PM »
Thanks, the Thermopop is just as cheap as the knock off thermopens.

Directdrive doesn't lay flush,  your right would be a little weird. Is there a way to install a Weber one on the lid?

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 09:47:09 PM »
Thanks, the Thermopop is just as cheap as the knock off thermopens.

Directdrive doesn't lay flush,  your right would be a little weird. Is there a way to install a Weber one on the lid?

Directdrive's has the bezel so it transitions smoothly ("flush") to the rest of the kettle. This is how one sits without the bezel:

that's on a wsm but you get the idea.

You can order the thermometer and bezel from Weber or ereplacementparts.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

johncorvin

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 09:58:05 PM »
Cool thanks, great to see it. For this weekend think I'll use a cheap oven thermometer on the indirect side with my old meat therm. Just calibrated to boiling water.

Totally need to invest in a dual probe wireless and a digital meat thermometer. This old analog one take a bit to come up to temp.