Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: It's What's for Dinner  (Read 1046 times)

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
It's What's for Dinner
« on: May 22, 2016, 11:59:57 AM »
I had picked up some beef chuck ribs from Restarant Depot a while ago. They come 4 racks to a package, I cooked 2 and froze the other 2.

I thawed out these guys out this past Thursday. Friday I rubbed them with some of Rod Gray's Most Powerful Stuff.

The went on the 26er with the Slow 'n Sear at about 7:00 AM. With the bottom vent closed, and the top halfway, I was able to maintain 250º - 275º for the first six hours of the cook without touching anything.

Here they are at about 2:00.

I pulled them at about 6:00, foiled and coolered them for transport and headed over to my parents' house.

Plated with some oven roasted potatoes and green beans from my GF's mother's garden.

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

G19

• WKC Brave
Re: It's What's for Dinner
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 12:38:34 PM »
Looks great Dawg.  I have been wanting to try some beef ribs and those look good.  Now that I have my SNS I might just have to give it a go.   

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 02:44:45 PM »
Hey BD. I know they're is back ribs which is off the ribeyes and are pretty thin since butchers try to preserve most of the meat for the rib roast. I normally get the short ribs which from what I've read are less tender and require mor tlc. I'll have to ask my butcher to cut me some chuck ribs. Yours look phenomenal! I'm glad spell check put the word phenomenal up for me cause I had no idea how to spell that! But that's what your ribs look like! Phenomenal [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 03:44:03 PM »
Yeah, @Travis, most of the beef back ribs that I've seen in the supermarket would not be worth the trouble.  There's just no meat on them.

Sometimes I can fins some longer (maybe 3") short ribs in my local supermarket (Harris-Teeter).  They're pretty good when cooked the same way.  But, if you've got a Restaurant Depot within a reasonable distance, you won't regret it.

BD

The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 06:48:09 PM »
Yummmmm!