Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: For Stubbs charcoal users...  (Read 4485 times)

Jason

• WKC Ranger
For Stubbs charcoal users...
« on: February 07, 2016, 07:20:42 AM »
Just a heads up for those that might not know. Stubbs has repackaged their charcoal into 14lb bags and has raised the price to $9.99 a bag. The old 15lb bags are still priced at $8.99, if your local Lowes still has any. I know it's not much, but I plan to go get several of the 15lb bags for $8.99 before they sell out.

GregS

• WKC Performer
Re: For Stubbs charcoal users...
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 07:24:31 AM »
i need to go to lowes, my local wallyworld has run out of stubbs and seems to have restocked the shelves with other brands.

which i did not approve of.  :mad: 
I only use kettles with lid bales.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 08:09:34 AM »
My area Walmarts quit carrying Stubb's last year. Lowe's has been my only source since.
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Bigdave

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 08:50:04 AM »
@jcnaz I just bought a bag of Stubbs at the San Tan Valley Walmart.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 11:45:00 AM »
@jcnaz I just bought a bag of Stubbs at the San Tan Valley Walmart.

I will check mine again! I hope that it has returned.
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 12:42:26 PM »

Figured I'd try some cheaper charcoal, not impressed. I will be going back to Stubbs as soon as this crap is gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 05:14:48 PM »
If you have a grocery store nearby that has "Best Choice' as a store brand, all the "Best Choice" charcoal is made by Royal Oak, and the briquettes rock!  I like them as much as Stubbs. Or if you can find Royal Oak "Ridge" briquettes, they are awesome IMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 05:18:13 PM by firedude5015 »

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 06:10:42 PM »
Less for more $, great.

Has anyone tried Embers charcoal from Home Depot 5.99 a bag? Royal Oak makes it also. I have never tried it

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 07:06:11 PM »
Less for more $, great.

Has anyone tried Embers charcoal from Home Depot 5.99 a bag? Royal Oak makes it also. I have never tried it
That's basically the same thing as the Best Choice brand..Royal Oak Ridge briquettes in a different  bag. Should be great!..all natural, not as much ash as other briquettes, and reasonably priced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

wyd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 07:46:38 AM »
I really like the Royal Oak Ridge briquettes.  Are local Kmart had them on sale one day for $5.99 a bag so I bought all they had.  Only have two bags left so soon will be looking for more.
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 02:40:18 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up, @Jason. I wonder if this is like with the new Kingsford blue. Didn't they claim to now have lighter bags but the charcoal is "more dense" or something? Mentioned on this site somewhere. The new math hurts my brain.

At my Lowe's, all they have are the 15lb bags. But they're ready for the new ones ...

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2016, 04:29:31 PM »
I've been getting Stubbs a Walmart for a while now, @ $7.87 for the 15 pound bags.
I hope they don't change too, just picked up a bag yesterday, they had a few left. Maybe I should go grab the rest...

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2016, 03:06:51 AM »
By the time this thread started my lowes was out.
There was another a few towns away but I haven't had time to go, but since local schools are on break this week traffic is light in the morning so I hit lowes today at 6 am to stock up.
6 bags @ $9 back - $10 off 50 coupon I found here =

http://renovopower.com/lowes.html

90 lbs of Stubbs $44.

You know you have a weber addiction when your buying charcoal in bulk...at 6 am...on a weekday...in February (24 degrees today).

This should last a while, if no new Stubbs supply becomes available I might try embers from royal oak. I just can't do KBB. The ash is ridiculous.

Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2016, 05:20:15 PM »
You know you have a weber addiction when your buying charcoal in bulk...at 6 am...on a weekday...in February (24 degrees today).

http://renovopower.com/lowes.html

Thanks for the link @CharliefromLI  8)

I love saving a few bucks when I can!  ;D