Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Daisy wheeler or one touch preference  (Read 5329 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: Daisy wheeler or one touch preference
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2015, 06:03:02 AM »
If I am grilling and flareups will happen or if it is windy then the OTG is the choice. Low and slow the 3 wheeler is preferred. The extra fuss necessary in dealing with a 3 wheeler I find fun rather that a bother.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

THUNDERDOME

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2015, 07:02:59 AM »
One touch silver style is my favorite. I prefer the way they breath over the gold/ash pot style

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2015, 09:20:03 AM »
I use both , I think the OTS requires more maintenance to operate properly . Baked on sauce , wood chips and build up all can bend the sweeps letting in air and messing temps up , the wheels like with a WSM give you far better control . I like being able to control different areas of the grill independently with the Daisy wheels . I also use the HC internal pan with both styles which keeps clean up quick and easy . 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2015, 09:33:33 AM »
If only the ash ring slot had 3 more inches in the lever cutout.....

May be a upcoming mod??????
Grills

Craig

• WKC Mod
Daisy wheeler or one touch preference
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2015, 04:41:55 PM »
Everybody has their preferences. But I figure as a collector and chef of vintage kettles, that the idea of working with the Daisy vents doesn't bother me. Again I like the temperature control I get with them. I do agree that the One Touch system is more convenient and probably kept the kettle competitive in recent decades from a user friendly standpoint, I totally get that. I guess I haven't mastered the "less fuel" concept with one touch kettles, since it seems that using less gives you more temperature control on a OT just like standard load of charcoal with only 1 or two Daisy vents open... Yes it is a bitch when the daisies spin freely (stoppers long gone) but to me, it's worth it. Someday, Weber will come out with some venting/cleaning system that will supplant the OT concept and this debate will still continue 40-50 years down the road.

If we all loved the same style/era/color of kettle than this would be a pretty boring place... [emoji6]
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 04:43:40 PM by Craig »