Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: It's Pizza Night  (Read 2029 times)

Nate

• WKC Ranger
It's Pizza Night
« on: August 24, 2014, 06:26:25 PM »
Another deep dish. Same as before but with our own dough (New York dough recipe) and sauce. Crust turned out differently but still tasted delicious. Next time we'll use a deep dish dough recipe and see how that turns out.

Was going to pregrill the Italian sausage on the gasser but it would heat. So, I busted out the model A to do this part.

Here are some pics.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Re: It's Pizza Night
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 03:52:50 AM »
That looks awesome!  Gotta try this soon.

I like this New York style PD recipe. Is it the one you used?

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/10/new-york-style-pizza.html
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 04:19:51 AM »
THanks. I use this recipe from the American Pie book. My sauce comes from here to. Great book.

Paul Isa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 12:51:09 AM »
Looks delicious. Great photos.

Thomas Andrews

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 01:06:22 AM »
Here's my version of your Chicago Deep Dish, Nate.

Sadly, my phone died for the cooked pictures...

I only have this pre cooked one. It turned out great and only took about 15 minutes. I put way too much sauce on it and a lot of it came off after the first slice, but that wasnt necessarily a bad thing, just aesthetically unpleasant. As I'd have to make my own breakfast sausage, I decided on pepperoni and mushroom toppings and used parmigiana cheese instead of pecorino.

I will definitely be making this again.

Thank you for the inspiration!

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 04:55:36 AM »
That's great it turned out good for you. I guess I should have mentioned that just a little sauce goes a long way. You don't need a lot. I also take it out of the CI when I take it off the grill and let it rest for 10-15 minutes to let it solidify before cutting.

Thomas Andrews

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 06:14:20 AM »
That's great it turned out good for you. I guess I should have mentioned that just a little sauce goes a long way. You don't need a lot. I also take it out of the CI when I take it off the grill and let it rest for 10-15 minutes to let it solidify before cutting.

I will be doing another in a couple of hours so I'll hopefully have some pictures for comparison.

Thank you for your advice.

coldkettle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 03:31:16 PM »
It's our pizza night as well and I read this just in time.  Why haven't I ever thought of this!  It's on the grill right now...can't wait

I love the smell of a evening cook...