Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rib-o-lator  (Read 2010 times)

lemisfits

• WKC Brave
Rib-o-lator
« on: July 01, 2014, 03:12:21 PM »
Are they worth getting?  I was intrigued.  Is the expandable one worth the extra price?
Looking for a lime or imperial blue...in my dreams.

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Rib-o-lator
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 03:30:35 PM »
I have one you can borrow and test out if you want.
I haven't used mine in years.

David Somerville

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 04:54:29 PM »
I enjoy my Rib-O-Lator. 

For most cooks (chicken, brats, etc) the thing is just a goofy gimmick. 

Where it earns it keep at my house is when I want to cook four slabs of ribs at once.  It makes cooking multiple slabs EASY.  I do not foil ribs when using the Rib-O-Lator...I spray with apple juice pretty regular to keep them moist.

Is it worth it?  I enjoy mine; not sure I would buy one again...but it sure comes in handy when cooking big piles of ribs!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 12:56:23 AM »
I use one for my comp chicken.
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

5280Jeff

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 08:40:36 AM »
I really like using mine. It's not going to make your cook taste a whole lot different than without it. Sometimes it's nice just to load it up and then sit back and relax and let the rib-o-lator do the work for me. You'll pay for that relaxing at clean up time though. Things like cheese, bbq sauce, and marinates tend to burn on the racks and make clean up harder. I've learned to pull the whole thing off the grill when I'm done cooking and let it cool somewhere out of the way. If it's left to cool down with the grill it's a real pain to clean up.