Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Picked up a funny looking Weber  (Read 1559 times)

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
Picked up a funny looking Weber
« on: April 26, 2014, 02:39:49 PM »
Okay, okay, so it isn't a kettle.  But for somebody who's girlfriend is very sensitive to smoke and who loves being outdoors and fire pits, this seems like its going to work out just fine.

I saw it on craigslist, and it was about 60 miles away, and I was thinking, oh, I wish that was closer.  Then the price dropped $20. Then I saw it drop another $20. Then I emailed the guy.  He just wanted to get rid of it.  He'd bought it a few years ago as the floor demo model and stopped using it.  Grand total? $50.  From what I can see, Weber only made them for a few years, and they were somewhere between $450 and $600 when new.  It cranks out some pretty good heat, especially when standing or on a barstool near it.

Anybody else got one?  If so, any tips or tricks?

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
Re: Picked up a funny looking Weber
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 02:46:27 PM »
I have one too, paid $75 for mine. Plan on using it soon but it threw out plenty of heat when I tested it after cleaning it up. Nice find!
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 02:55:46 PM »
Yeah, I was pretty amazed that even after a not so gentle transport, and sitting unused at the guy's house for who knows how long, it started up first click.  Thought for sure I was going to have to take it apart and clean out some spider webs to be sure.  If I figure out an optimal arrangement of the lava rocks and logs, I'll let post it up, and if you or anybody else have a good set up, please share.

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 03:12:30 PM »
Very cool.