Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
One of the main uses of the Weber charcoal briquettes I’ve had since they became available has been for low-ish/slow-ish cooks.  Not necessarily long WSM cooks but for slow roasting things like these boneless pork shoulders since they have a long running time.

Apparently the new Weber briquettes are a rebadge/relabel of an existing Royal Oak professional briquette that I’ve never seen locally and haven’t had a chance to try out yet until I got a bag of new Weber charcoal.  Does anyone remember the thread I made a few years ago about the original Weber charcoal wondering if it was OEM by Royal Oak after finding a few Royal Oak ridge briquettes mixed in with the pillow shaped Weber briquettes in one bag?  I only ever ran into that with that one bag and never encountered that again.

Does anyone happen to know why Weber opted to drop their own pillow shaped briquettes and rebadge an existing product?

Anyways, the big question I had is how well does this new Weber Charcoal/Royal Oak chef briquette do endurance-wise for a longer slow roast?  I’ve got a chimney worth lit up and a boneless pork shoulder cooking with it on the rotisserie now.

Hopefully the results are comparable to the previous Weber charcoal.  One thing I’ve noticed the two times I’ve used the new Weber briquettes is that they start up fast.  Much faster than any other briquettes I’ve used.

An hour in, the temperature given by the lid thermometer has fallen off a bit so I’ve opened the lower vent a bit wider.  The pork itself and the area around the barbecue in the back yard is starting to smell good.  Further updates as the cook progresses.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Charcoal Grilling & BBQ / Friday pork chops and shrimp
« Last post by Lightning on May 11, 2024, 07:55:18 AM »
Thanks to a points offer on pork at one of the local stores, I got a package of chops plus a boneless pork shoulder.  I also had a package of frozen shrimp that had thawed so last night, I decided to make a bit of a mixed grill.

Two of the chops, the lighter coloured ones, actually got a beef rub that also works really, really well on pork and the other two dark red ones got a barbecue rub that also goes very well with pork.  I made up the shrimp skewers after tossing the shrimp in some olive oil and garlic seasoning.

I cooked the pork chops first, then the shrimp while the chops were resting, then after moving the shrimp over to the cool side so they’d stay warm, I finished off a loaf of bread toasting up some garlic bread.  By the time all that was done, the chimney of Royal Oak briquettes that I started out with was pretty much fully exhausted so I think that was good use of a load of charcoal.  I swept out an impressive amount of ash into the ash bucket this morning when I got the barbecue ready to go again for the boneless pork shoulder which I’ll do a separate post for.

The other sides were another round of roasted sweet potatoes which everyone has been enjoying and some steamed broccoli.

And the best part was it stayed mild out well, well into the evening.  Last night was the first night that I was able to eat outside.  I think there have been a couple of other evenings that would’ve been good for that this season except my work schedule got in the way so yesterday was the first one I’ve been able to enjoy this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Off Topic / Re: No Explanation Necessary... Round 2
« Last post by Gringo on May 11, 2024, 07:12:45 AM »
Road trip….

Breakfast

Weber Grill Forum (Grills, Accessories) / Re: Ultimate Grill Geek Data
« Last post by MoparProud on May 10, 2024, 08:46:14 PM »
So far I’m averaging 4-5 kettle cooks a week since early March when it started clearing up more. Right now I’ve got my gray 70th and Deep Ocean with the Wok, but grabbing the rest soon. Some weeks are spattered with a Genesis cook or two.

But I haven’t tracked cooks on which grills/grills or time each is used or anything. I have two notebooks that I never remember about until after

Weber Grill Forum (Grills, Accessories) / Re: How to score a vintage kettle?
« Last post by Kneab on May 10, 2024, 06:27:22 PM »
Mike, just one... [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-S918U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I have several vintage red 22s and a yellow that will be up for sale soon.

I might be interested if you have a 22" kettle in Red Mist.
You’re in luck.  I have one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Easy Friday night…..

Sous vide burgers

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]