Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Amazing score - congratulations!!
Weber Grill Forum (Grills, Accessories) / Re: thermoworks smoke question
« Last post by rober on Today at 06:23:33 PM »
i have a performer grill. i put the smoke on the table on a regular basis but today for some reason even though it was only 84* the heat caused the glitch. back inside after cooling down it worked normally.
So here it is a Weber Fire pit Prototype in grey porcelain enamel fitted into a chrome finished stand/holder. The bowl has a drain hole in the center. It is the same diameter as traditional fire pit but the bowl is much rounder in shape and deeper. I recently meet a guy nearby that regularly frequents local garage sales. These finds were found at a garage sale in Barrington IL they belonged to a gentleman who told the guy that he worked as the head of R&D at Weber and these prototypes where one offs that never made it to production. I was told the side tables were prototypes too and that full production of the tables were done by Barrington Hills Cabinet Co. After arriving home with his new garage sale items and a story he reached out and asked if I would have any interest in a Weber grey enamel fire pit prototype and some Weber tables. My response was absolutely! We agreed to a price and after a quick 20 minute drive I had them loaded in my truck and was on my way home.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
So here it is a Weber Fire pit Prototype in grey porcelain enamel fitted into a chrome finished stand/holder. The bowl has a drain hole in the center. It is the same diameter as traditional fire pit but the bowl is much rounder in shape and deeper. I recently meet a guy nearby that regularly frequents local garage sales. These finds were found at a garage sale in Barrington IL they belonged to a gentleman who told the guy that he worked as the head of R&D at Weber and these prototypes where one offs that never made it to production. I was told the side tables were prototypes too and that full production of the tables were done by Barrington Hills Cabinet Co. After arriving home with his new garage sale items and a story he reached out and asked if I would have any interest in a Weber grey enamel fire pit prototype and some Weber tables. My response was absolutely! We agreed to a price and after a quick 20 minute drive I had them loaded in my truck and was on my way home.

Off Topic / Re: No Explanation Necessary... Round 2
« Last post by bamakettles on Today at 04:47:28 PM »
Grand time….

« Last post by MoparProud on Today at 03:46:43 PM »

Great day for yard work….

[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

« Last post by MoparProud on Today at 03:46:29 PM »

[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What on Earth is the peppermint one?

‘76 I’d say.  Nice score!

I didn't get it, lol.  Not really the color I am looking for.  I have to be selective because I don't have room for a collection really, just for maybe one more kettle at the moment.  I'm planning on giving my 2011 Kettle and my Performer Grill to my kids when the time is right.  Once those are gone, I'll have more room.
‘76 I’d say.  Nice score!

I didn't take a picture of the vent, but I'm pretty sure it looked like this -

https://weberkettleclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/1974brown6.jpg

Would a 1977 model be considered vintage?  I guess so, as I got this response from Google -

Vintage items are typically between 20 and 100 years old, and are often defined by their quality materials and craftsmanship. The term "true vintage" refers to items that are at least 50 years old, and can include items from recent decades that have cultural or nostalgic significance. Vintage items are often nostalgic, and can be valuable if they are highly sought after and culturally significant.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10