Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WeberFest Saturday, September 21 in Falls Church, VA  (Read 10593 times)

Bman

• WKC Performer
Re: WeberFest Saturday, September 21 in Falls Church, VA
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 06:20:50 PM »
Peas ---- you want to wait until next weekend and grab your Platinum & Roti at the Fest?  Will save you a few miles and hit 2 birds with 1 stone.
My bride is in Arlington until 1pm that day, otherwise she'd be in tow.  She offered to show up late and eat leftovers, but I don't know how long the party will be rockin'  :D

Mike - those epic reds haven't been fired up since their rescue.  I'll fill the truck, but that won't take long once I put a Platinum in there.  At the least, I'll bring my mini and the red 18 from said epic score.  It's time to break that baby in right!

Anyone need a 10 year old OTS?  It ain't perfect, but it's a Weber and it's cheap. 
All I want is either 10 bucks or the $8.99 22.5" Weber gray vinyl cover in exchange for the kettle

I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 06:47:11 PM »
Bman, a buddy of mine is looking to buy a basic black 22, and he'll hopefully be there next Saturday.  You could make his day and give him something to cook on, all at the same time. 
One of the charcoal people.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 06:50:21 PM »
I can't come but will be cheering you and the visitors on Mike! :)

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 06:51:36 PM »
Peas, your wife is more than welcome.  I'd especially appreciate it if she could talk to my wife about the size of your kettle collection.  A little positive peer pressure might be just what I need.  ;-)

Oh, and also, Hank's post re: butcher paper has me wondering if we could split up a roll between us DC-area peeps.  I'm not a Sam's Club member, but I'd be willing to pay the lion's share of the cost (about $20, as I understand it) if someone could bring a roll to the meetup.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 06:59:57 PM »
Hope you guys have a great time! Post pics!!  ;)

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2013, 07:15:10 AM »
Damn - going to miss this by four days! Almost made it happen. I promise to make it up when I host a meetup at my place next Spring. Looking forward to pics!

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
WeberFest Saturday, September 21 in Falls Church, VA
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2013, 04:07:11 PM »

Peas ---- you want to wait until next weekend and grab your Platinum & Roti at the Fest?  Will save you a few miles and hit 2 birds with 1 stone.
My bride is in Arlington until 1pm that day, otherwise she'd be in tow.  She offered to show up late and eat leftovers, but I don't know how long the party will be rockin'  :D

Mike - those epic reds haven't been fired up since their rescue.  I'll fill the truck, but that won't take long once I put a Platinum in there.  At the least, I'll bring my mini and the red 18 from said epic score.  It's time to break that baby in right!

Anyone need a 10 year old OTS?  It ain't perfect, but it's a Weber and it's cheap. 
All I want is either 10 bucks or the $8.99 22.5" Weber gray vinyl cover in exchange for the kettle

Chad,
I'll I wait til the 21st to grab the grill and roti. Just use it a few more times.
A Wonderful Family!!!

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2013, 04:18:54 PM »
Somebody pick this up and save it for me! (Fat chance - a $70 22.5 WSM!) Might be able to pick it up the following weekend.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/hsh/4065715341.html

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2013, 05:00:54 PM »
Email sent, Marty.

You sure that's a 22, though?  I don't see the second lid handle... or is it on the same side as the top vent? 

Either way, that's a great deal. 

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2013, 05:03:29 PM »
18 or 22, I'll do the deal either way. Agree it looks smallish. No big deal if it's gone. Maybe someone else here is already on it.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2013, 05:12:58 PM »
That's an 18 but still a good deal! The 22" has a square door.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2013, 05:13:34 PM »
Bman, a buddy of mine is looking to buy a basic black 22, and he'll hopefully be there next Saturday.  You could make his day and give him something to cook on, all at the same time. 
Tell him to bring either cash or the cover, a vehicle to transport this in, and something to grill up!  (I prefer the cover)[/]

Damn - going to miss this by four days!
Damn!!!

Chad,
I'll wait til the 21st to grab the grill and roti. Just use it a few more times.
Woo hoo!  Hmmmm, now to determine if I wanna turn some chow for the fest.  :D
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2013, 05:15:04 PM »
Email sent, Marty.

Shit, so did I not knowing you did.

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
WeberFest Saturday, September 21 in Falls Church, VA
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2013, 05:22:18 PM »
Shoot, I emailed on that earlier for a buddy. I'll back off. Good luck. That's a great deal.
A Wonderful Family!!!

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2013, 05:44:07 PM »
I did hear back from the seller stating there's a bunch of guys in line ahead of me.  Gee, I wonder who that could be.  lol