Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WeberFest Saturday, September 21 in Falls Church, VA  (Read 10594 times)

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
WeberFest Saturday, September 21 in Falls Church, VA
« on: September 12, 2013, 05:39:09 AM »
Sorry for the last-minute invitation, but if there are any Grillfellas in the DC area who can make it, we're doing a little meetup/swap meet/cooking festival on Saturday morning, September 21.  We'll get together and light the grills in the morning, in order to serve lunch at noon.  Bring your grill(s) and your favorite recipes-- this is a great way to learn a ton about recipes, techniques, grill setups, and all kinds of great tips.  A true learning party (also a place to get some great photos of a whole bunch of grills cooking away!). 

If you're interested, PM me and I'll get you the address in Falls Church, VA. 

...and yes, after extensive negotiations, noted Weber celebrity Bman has agreed to be in attendance.  No word on what he'll charge for autographs, though. 
One of the charcoal people.

G$

• WKC Performer
Re: WeberFest Saturday, September 21 in Falls Church, VA
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 05:45:25 AM »
Sounds like a great time,  Mike.

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 07:12:47 AM »
Very cool guys. Have fun. I expect Bman to take and post pics. Well at least post them. ;)

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 07:28:34 AM »
There's an outside chance I can make it - but many stars will have to align quickly. I will pass this along to my SIL/member who is in the area. I know he would love to be there too. 

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 03:54:42 PM »
Celebrity?  Not hardly...  Pain in the ass?  Most likely.  lol
Remember Mike, you weren't too thrilled when I joined the site, caught the 'itis, and started covering the DC area CL. 
Bet you didn't think THIS day would happen.  ;D

Ted --- not sure about taking and posting my own pics, but if they're on a CL ad --- you know I'm gunna post em' here.  :)
Yeah, I'll have my point-and-shoot but Gummi is king of that position.

C'mon Marty, all the cool kids are doing it.  I'll see ya there.  8)
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 04:00:54 PM »
Good to see another meetup! Enjoy guys and take some awesome pics.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 04:08:54 PM »
It's true, Bman, I got nervous.  First you were like "What's CL?", and then you were asking lots of questions about how estate sales work.  Next thing I knew you bought up a blue SS at one estate sale, and then shortly after on a single epic Saturday you bought a red 18 AND a red 22 AND a complete vintage accessory kit at a single estate sale.  At that point, I figured you were some kind of monster set upon buying up all the good grills in a three-state area.  But you proved yourself to be quite the opposite, sharing all kinds of deals with all kinds of people.  And now, less than a year later, you are an elder statesman of the WKC crowd, and a featured celebrity of a local meetup.  I'm damn proud to know you, buddy. 

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 04:10:57 PM »
It's true, Bman, I got nervous.  First you were like "What's CL?", and then you were asking lots of questions about how estate sales work.  Next thing I knew you bought up a blue SS at one estate sale, and then shortly after on a single epic Saturday you bought a red 18 AND a red 22 AND a complete vintage accessory kit at a single estate sale.  At that point, I figured you were some kind of monster set upon buying up all the good grills in a three-state area.  But you proved yourself to be quite the opposite, sharing all kinds of deals with all kinds of people.  And now, less than a year later, you are an elder statesman of the WKC crowd, and a featured celebrity of a local meetup.  I'm damn proud to know you, buddy.

Don't go, Bman! It's a trap!  :o Haha.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 04:29:28 PM »
You're right, gummi-- I'm gonna wait until Bman is emptying a chimney and then throw a bunch of old gas grill parts into his truck before he notices.

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 04:34:22 PM »
Hey - I LIKED that he had some gas grill parts in his truck when we had a mini-meetup. What's not to like about gas grill parts?

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 04:34:38 PM »
Will there also be Happy Cookers involved?
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2013, 04:36:25 PM »
Hey - I LIKED that he had some gas grill parts in his truck when we had a mini-meetup. What's not to like about gas grill parts?

Well you're a lot more interested in Bman's gasser parts that Bman is interested in mine, apparently.  But I'll find a way for them to leave with him. ;-)

Bosibus

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2013, 05:24:18 PM »
Damn I am playing in a golf tourney on sat or I would try to come, I need to make another run down to Fredericksburg soon and stock up on some Bowman's, I am all out!

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2013, 05:44:00 PM »
I'm in! Can't wait. Any wives attending? I thought about dragging mine. She's been a lot of help when it comes to searching CL.
A Wonderful Family!!!

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2013, 06:10:16 PM »
I wish I could join in! It's too far for me and I just picked up a job that day. I did map it though 650 miles 10.5 hours to get there. If you guys do this next year I'll be in the area at the end of September though!

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer