Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: So I called Weber CS............It can't be this hard  (Read 5130 times)

Bluesman

• WKC Brave
So I called Weber CS............It can't be this hard
« on: July 30, 2013, 04:13:18 PM »
Let me preface this by saying, all of my dealings with Weber CS ahve been stellar.........until today. We will start my my brain cramp. I have a 98 Green SS Performer that I bought new. The top handle is screwed on, the grate supports are rusting though the bowl, my fault and has already seen 3 sweeper rebuilds with the Mod of the new screwed in basket..............no thumbscrew sweeper to be found, at least back 3 years ago. So here's were I'm at, I think hey lets get a brand new bowl, and top and all the stuff, like ash basket, hanger, top slide away and thermometer just like a new on....... 8) In Blue. I can then redo the SS cart slip in the Blueberry Grill and have a real cool like new Performer.......... :) I would then take Mr. Green jeans and build a cart for a once in awhile cook. So I call Weber...."I'm sorry all we can get you for that year is black"........ ::) No I want blue.........she says.."they don't offer blue" Okay let me think this through. I can go by a brand new blue Performer grab the kettle and bolt it right into my SS frame, which I tell her. She says......"no there have been changes" I said not to the mounting and if there were I'll make it fit. She continues that all I can get is black............ >:( Now come on........I told her you build them NOW!!!! "Yes but those aren't for sale as parts"........WTF. So how about I call them up and tell them I just bought a Brand New Blue Performer and before I could get the bowl and lid assembled to the cart, my wife ran it over with the truck.......mmmmmmmmmm. Think they wouldn't sell me a replacement............. ::) So am I nuts? They have the parts I need right on the factory floor..........Please sell them to me................. :'( :'( :'(
2000 Simpson OTG, 2010 22.5 WSM, 98 SS Perfomer, Q100, Q200, Smoken Bucky UDS, 1983 WGA, 1995 Red Master Touch, Early 70's Red Statesman
2010 Brick Red Touch n' Go Performer
Snap-On Wrench Smokey Joe

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: So I called Weber CS............It can't be this hard
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 04:22:39 PM »

Ok....Ok......easy........

Weber, I've found can be a lot like the IRS.......wait 1~2 days......then call back at a diffrent time of day.....every possibility you will not only get a different person, but also a different answer.....

I don't have loads of personal direct experience with Weber with this (the IRS,yes!), but I've been suggesting it to people for awhile & time after time get a pretty good report back.....it does work
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

saxart

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 04:32:30 PM »
Bluesman-
Funny, I've had the same conversation with Weber when I wanted to order a new dark green lid for my SS performer.  "Sorry, we only have it in BLACK."   Kinda like Henry Ford, "We build these cars in any color as long as it's BLACK."

Anyway, I knew the lady on the other end of the phone was full-of-it when she told me that I couldn't get any other color, but I knew I wasn't going to argue with what her computer was telling her, so I bid her a nice day and we hung up.

I don't get it....   What is Weber's hang up with not selling these excellent custom colors that they make (whether on a SJ, WSM, or a SS-Performer) to the people who ask for it?????

Interested in ANY offset handle SJs you may have.

Bluesman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 04:36:03 PM »
I think I will ask for a manger and then tell him my FARKING GRILL IS BLUE............She even asked what color do I want......and then said we only have black....WTF
2000 Simpson OTG, 2010 22.5 WSM, 98 SS Perfomer, Q100, Q200, Smoken Bucky UDS, 1983 WGA, 1995 Red Master Touch, Early 70's Red Statesman

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 04:50:08 PM »
Welcome to Cheeseburger mart where you can order anything you like as long as it is a cheeseburger.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 04:50:55 PM »
I think they are saving the blues for years still under warranty. A friend wanted to switch from 2012 green to blue and had no issues. In fact if he would've just sent pics of the green bowl crazing weber was willing to warranty it in blue. Go figure.

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 05:24:39 PM »
I think I will ask for a manger and then tell him my FARKING GRILL IS BLUE...........

I wouldn't ask for a manager, but I would call back with a BS story.  One like - I was working at my inlaws place and dropped the extension ladder on their '09 BLUE Performer and that's why you need the lid/bowl/bale/thermo/etc...  to get it back to new.  Say you'll pay for the stuff and have it shipped to you.  Oh, it's also not registered and no you don't have the serial number handy. 

Amazing you have to 'cheat' in order to purchase parts these days...
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

Bluesman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 05:35:27 PM »
I think I will ask for a manger and then tell him my FARKING GRILL IS BLUE...........

I wouldn't ask for a manager, but I would call back with a BS story.  One like - I was working at my inlaws place and dropped the extension ladder on their '09 BLUE Performer and that's why you need the lid/bowl/bale/thermo/etc...  to get it back to new.  Say you'll pay for the stuff and have it shipped to you.  Oh, it's also not registered and no you don't have the serial number handy. 

I LOVE IT>..........Dats my story and I'm sticking to it

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 08:08:08 PM »

What year was the C & B Green made? Need to know to build a S/S model ;)...

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 03:14:25 PM »
Jeff's C&B SS may be the coolest grill I've seen yet.

Bluesman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 03:46:28 PM »
Okay I give what a c&b?

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 03:50:13 PM »
The Crate & Barrel Green Performer.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 04:08:46 PM »
Yeah Bluesman.  I had similar problems when I built my C&B Lime Green SS.  Sometimes you can't get through to certain Weber CS people...they are like robots.  Sometimes you get the "right" person and its easy as pie.  Sometimes you just have to fib to get what you want when you've exhausted all other avenues. 

Here is my excuse you may want to use.  They may ask for a serial number too...I've thought this out. 

"Hello Weber CS...I just bought a discounted and damaged floor model blue Performer from my local store.   Since it was a floor model, the lid had a big deep scratch in it, I would like to put a new lid on.  Oh, and the bowl had several large chips in it where the lid bail attaches, I think the person that put it together may have tightened the bolts too much and the porcelain chipped.  I also would like a thermometer replacement as it was missing.  I have yet to take possession of it because I worked out for the store to deliver it to me next week sometime...so I don't have the serial number handy.   Would you be able to look up the part numbers for me on the bowl and lid in blue?"

Good luck! 

« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 04:14:23 PM by Jeff »
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 04:18:43 PM »
Dang it that grill is cool!!  One of big b's tables would really set it off. I hope I find a C&B soon.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2013, 04:21:55 PM »
Did you like cooking on it Ted?   You were one of the first ones to break it in...even before I did!
Kettle collector AND cooker!