Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My CL buy, NIB today  (Read 4564 times)

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
My CL buy, NIB today
« on: July 24, 2013, 08:45:22 PM »
I have been looking and have passed, distance, missing parts and abused. Got lucky. Cooking tonight and waiting for a call for a used car for my son, I had the new to us MacBook idle on CL. I went to flip the Tuna, came in and refreshed and purchased this. More than I wanted to pay, but they are NLA...
I will picking it up on my way to work tomorrow morning.

Fishawn

• WKC Ranger
Re: My CL buy, NIB today
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 08:53:46 PM »
Like it! Nice Score!

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 09:40:10 PM »
Awesome! Do us a favor if you would.... When you get it will you please post where the box says it was manufactured? I believe the latest generation of these (identifiable by their bamboo handles) was made in China. When I bought mine new last month it was preassembled, but the replacement lid weber sent me came in a labeled box saying the lid was made in china. Either way, they're great!

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 03:36:38 AM »
Very nice!

saxart

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 04:05:24 AM »
Greg-
I'm glad to hear that you got that.  I saw it posted, but have no use for one of those, so I was hoping one of our "non-T" members got it.   LOL
Interested in ANY offset handle SJs you may have.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 04:32:08 AM »
Greg-
I'm glad to hear that you got that.  I saw it posted, but have no use for one of those, so I was hoping one of our "non-T" members got it.   LOL

Thanks Saxart. I was first in line and was able to negotiate price only a little. In my truck now, picked it up on they way to work.

Cbpeck, I will post. I did look at the box when I got to work, UPS sticker is dated June of 05. The seal has yet to be broken. What is weird, she said she just received this as a promo gift at work. Said some others employees received them also.

edhead35

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 01:19:40 PM »
Awesome find. Congrats.

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
My CL buy, NIB today
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 02:15:50 PM »
Great find. I love mine.
A Wonderful Family!!!

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 07:08:01 AM »
Awesome! Do us a favor if you would.... When you get it will you please post where the box says it was manufactured? I believe the latest generation of these (identifiable by their bamboo handles) was made in China. When I bought mine new last month it was preassembled, but the replacement lid weber sent me came in a labeled box saying the lid was made in china. Either way, they're great!

Got it home last night and started assembly in the driveway. Had the S/S doing it's thing at the same time. Had it partially together then the eats where done. Of to eat on the deck. Son and a buddy decide to go see another buddy. Enjoying the eats I here a weird noise, I jump and say to my bride, " He just ran over the Fire Pit!" Run to the front and sure sh!t he ran over the top ring, just before demolishing it all. Top ring, NLA from Weber...I asked him how..."You just spent an hour with me in the driveway giving me sh!t about another Weber, You didn't see it?" Pa-leze!
I held it together, apparently his buddies dad owns a metal shop that I didn't know about. Thinks his dad can make a new one... :-X

China Handles? Probably...

The damage...

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 07:14:48 AM »
Ugh, I'm so sorry to hear that. It does look like it could be repaired with a hammer a hard surface, but that just sucks. I agree, bamboo handles must be Chinese.... Not sure about the rest of it.

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2013, 08:45:13 AM »
god gl, that is terrible.  Hope it gets "made right".

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2013, 09:29:58 AM »
Sorry to see what happened! You could probably just buy a new one from weber. Let us know how it goes.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2013, 09:42:16 AM »
"Sorry to see what happened! You could probably just buy a new one from weber. Let us know how it goes."
"god gl, that is terrible.  Hope it gets "made right"."

We will see...I did look on line after it happened, Part is NLA...
Guess I will have to pick up the phone and find out for sure...

Thunder71

• WKC Brave
    • Civil Response Firearms Training
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2013, 10:21:08 AM »
Bugger! Sorry to see/hear it man... I'm sure this will have a happy ending, has to! ;)

colin.p

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2013, 01:17:45 PM »
Interesting. I got a "spam" message, yesterday, from a BBQ retailer up here that said they had the Weber Wood-burning Fireplace in stock for $149.
I guess they bought a pile of them when they heard they were going to be discontinued and had 17 left as of yesterday. However, I have no use for one so I didn't bite. Looks cool though.
2009 Weber Spirit E310, 2013 22.5 OTG and a bunch of Weber stuff
I like my Weber's the same as my Ford's and Harley's, any colour, as long as it's black.