Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Coca Cola Red Kettle Weber  (Read 3106 times)

Amberleigh2711

• Happy Cooker
Coca Cola Red Kettle Weber
« on: June 19, 2023, 11:26:51 PM »
I recently picked up a gently used Weber at a garage sale and was wondering if I could get help from the knowledgeable community in figuring out the rarity (or lack there of) of this little gem. I paid $25, any ideas what it might be worth? It’s 18”, very gently used condition with a small chip in the lid and a few other scuffs and scratches. Your help is appreciated!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 11:31:55 PM by Amberleigh2711 »

bladz

• WKC Ranger
Coca Cola Red Kettle Weber
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2023, 01:48:27 AM »
It’s worth what I was willing to pay for it per our deal, ( your full asking price) with designated pick up location, later this week.  So is our deal still on, or is your Marketplace ad now turning into an auction?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 03:37:05 AM by bladz »

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Re: Coca Cola Red Kettle Weber
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2023, 07:47:10 AM »
It’s worth what someone’s willing to pay for it.  You got it for a great price.  That being said, it sounds like you had a deal worked out with one of the MOST upstanding members in the kettle community, which I’m assuming was for a decent profit. 

INTEGRITY is severely lacking in people nowadays.  If someone offered you more than your asking price once they found out you had a deal worked out, they are [emoji90].  I applaud your honesty on condition, and what you paid for it.  However, if you joined in the hopes of creating a bidding war behind the scenes, that’s truly unfortunate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2023, 08:26:21 AM »
What he said x 2[emoji3516]

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Amberleigh2711

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2023, 12:01:07 PM »
While I can appreciate the feedback, I’m not attempting to sell anything on here as I did not post it for sale on here or anywhere else. Was literally just trying to understand what I had given up as I had many messages after posting for sale on a completely separate site. I’m sure you can also appreciate that as a collector. I’m just cleaning out my garage in order to pay my rent at the end of the month as I recently lost my job due to downsizing, otherwise I would have not even been looking to sell this or any other of my prized possessions to keep a roof over my head and food on the table while I look to get back on my feet. I would have still been happy with the $40 because it’s 40 more than I had before and I’m not in a position to turn down anything at the moment and would just grateful to have two $20’s to rub together and get by this month. I had based my asking price of $40 on what a new 18” Weber was going for, making a whopping profit of $15 over what I paid but also including 2 bags of charcoal so am I really coming out ahead? After I received numerous messages on the selling site, I couldn’t help but be curious as to what I may have just given up. That’s all. Zero other offers. The deal was still in “pending” status suggesting I have not been looking for other offers and had not decided to cancel the hold and fully intended to follow through with the buyer as I DO hold integrity in high regard. Had I been reached out to directly as we had already been conversing, I would have been happy to explain my curiosity and intentions in which nothing has changed on my end with the hold. I will NOW be rescinding the hold as that courtesy was not extended to me and I’m no longer comfortable with the meetup we had planned. I hope one day to be fortunate enough to have the choice as to which grill I will use for dinner tonight, until then I will just be happy with my 700 watt microwave to get the job done. Happy grilling!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 02:28:03 PM by Amberleigh2711 »

Amberleigh2711

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2023, 02:30:49 PM »
Also, if you would like to kick me out of this forum and or remove me from the club, it would save me time on figuring out how to “un-join” as this does not seem to be a welcoming community to outsiders. Thanks!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2023, 02:49:39 PM »
Very deep

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2023, 03:21:57 PM »
I've seen a near mint Weber Coca-Cola red 18.5" go over $800.00 on Ebay, couple of years back.  There are some hardcore memorabilia collectors out there who will go out of their way to collect anything and everything Coca-

Cola!  If it's not in their collection yet.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2023, 05:26:57 PM »
Difficult situation, I probably shouldn’t comment but this has weighed on my mind today.  Is it fair to be able to poll an expert group for possible top dollar after posting and selling an item?  Is it fair to demand that an unsuspecting novice honor a blind deal when he/she loses their shirt?  Timing is everything I guess….. I can see both sides and the points they have. 

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2023, 06:10:06 PM »
Sorry to hear about your situation.  There are many of us here that have been in that same position before.  If you’re feeling attacked, that was not what I was intending.  I could only base my comment on what I knew in that moment, and off many previous threads that started this same way.  You’re a new member (10hrs at that point) asking for a value, and it becomes known that you already had arrangements with a highly regarded member in the kettle community.  This almost always happens when another interested party tells you it’s worth more once they know you’ve made a deal with someone else…hoping to snag it by offering a little more.  There happens to be a fella named Josh in your area that does this quite routinely.  It’s your kettle, and you have every right to do as you wish. 

P.S.  I love the snarky, passive aggressive comment about one day being fortunate enough to choose which kettle to cook on, and until then you’ll have to settle for 700W of microwave madness[emoji1787]

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2023, 06:21:07 PM »
I can't spell drama LOL

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2023, 06:24:39 PM »
Difficult situation, I probably shouldn’t comment but this has weighed on my mind today.  Is it fair to be able to poll an expert group for possible top dollar after posting and selling an item?  Is it fair to demand that an unsuspecting novice honor a blind deal when he/she loses their shirt?  Timing is everything I guess….. I can see both sides and the points they have. 

I see the point of a novice asking questions and wanting to have an idea on a price. However, that should’ve probably been the step prior to listing it.  I normally shy away from these things, but knowing what a grate fella @bladz is, I replied. Didn’t know what her selling price was.  Knew what she paid.  Assumed she was asking for something in the $100-$200 range.  Technically wasn’t a shirt losing sale price…more of a break even price

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2023, 06:26:22 PM »
I can't spell drama LOL

[emoji1787]

It’s a good thing you’re a nice fella, so we’ll overlook your early exits from spelling bees

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2023, 06:30:32 PM »
Yep, timing wasn’t the best.  She probably wishes she didn’t go down this road.  Social media can be brutal.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2023, 07:48:29 PM »
Well, while we’re bashing her….

How many have had an item listed, had someone commit, only to back out and leave you, the seller, stuck with an item you thought was sold, and turned down offers in the interim, only to have to re-list and those that had been turned down all of a sudden feel something is fishy? And then call the seller a scammer.

Anyone? No?

In this day and age, on the internet, it ain’t sold until cash (or check) is in hand.  Yes, the internet and social is a brutal place.

She hasn’t deserved any bashing