Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Winter Grilling  (Read 302 times)

mattstaub

• WKC Brave
Winter Grilling
« on: September 02, 2022, 02:30:09 PM »
Just planning ahead here...

Two Performers and a Jumbo Joe along with a Genesis e330.

Genesis is easy - she always holds (and achieves temp)

What do you do to achieve and maintain temp in winter?  I am not in the mood to give up charcoal for the winter anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Winter Grilling
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 06:53:32 PM »
The performer with gas assist is my daily driver in winter.   The workflow makes life easy.   I store my vintage stuff till spring.  Generally, the only thing I do differently is to use a little more coal, especially for longer cooks.  Try to keep the lid on as much as possible.   Try to keep the grill out of the wind if possible.   As long as you’re dressed properly, winter charcoal grilling is not bad.  I have an old down parka I wear.  Light, actually, is the biggest issue.  I rearrange my patio to catch the outdoor floodlight.  That said, I got the summit kamado last January and it’s a dream for cold weather.   Much more fuel efficient and rather impervious to wind.    My performer will get less work this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 06:55:58 PM by michaelmilitello »

noreaster

• WKC Brave
Re: Winter Grilling
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2022, 04:38:27 AM »
Just let it rip

Sent from my SM-G970U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
Re: Winter Grilling
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2022, 05:36:04 PM »
I use my Summit.

But on a standard day, kettles will easily keep temp. It’s when it’s super cold AND the wind gets to whipping that it becomes a major issue.

I don’t stop for winter. Nice thing is now my patio with all the cookers is mostly covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club