Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Wings and Poppers on the Blue OTPs  (Read 449 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Wings and Poppers on the Blue OTPs
« on: May 01, 2022, 06:45:43 AM »
Fun cook last night on two of my favorite grills.  Hard to beat the outcome using these two - one with vortex and one with SNS/DnG.  Also cooked the chorizo beforehand on a Genesis gasser.  Oh, I also got lucky opening the charcoal!  I knew it would happen for me one day lol….

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
Re: Wings and Poppers on the Blue OTPs
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2022, 11:12:34 AM »
Exceptional looking cook. Great combo…wings n poppers. Send location for leftover assistance.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2022, 12:11:44 PM »

Exceptional looking cook. Great combo…wings n poppers. Send location for leftover assistance.

Thanks!  There are definitely leftovers…. Going to try the air fryer for warming.  I always say I’m just going to make enough for one meal but it never turns out that way!

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2022, 04:49:45 AM »
Those all look very good! Have you ever done chicken legs, instead of wings?
2021 Bluebonnet Brewoff Winner
1st Place Gold Medal - Munich Helles
1st Place Gold Medal - Oktoberfest

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2022, 05:57:24 AM »
Nice cook with those OTP’s.

I have yet to master the art of opening bags of charcoal by pulling that tiny string. 

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2022, 06:27:17 AM »
Those all look very good! Have you ever done chicken legs, instead of wings?
Thanks!  Yes, we've done legs and thighs this way as well.  I think my favorite with the vorex is thighs.  I buy them bone in / skin on and debone them, pull the skin back, season then skin back over the top and season more.  They tend to flavor well with a chunk of peach or pecan right on the fire in the vortex.  Honestly I'm just about tired of wings.  Two Costco packs left in the freezer and those will probably sit until summer.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2022, 06:30:08 AM »
Nice cook with those OTP’s.

I have yet to master the art of opening bags of charcoal by pulling that tiny string.
Thanks..... I've done it twice I think and it has to do with patience on my part.  I usually get my kitchen scissors and cut the top off, but this weekend I was determined to try and it worked!  You have to start on the long string side and pull the loose string out of the loop and it comes right off.  Crazy easy when it happens in front of your very eyes lol.....

mattstaub

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2022, 01:43:36 PM »

Thanks!  There are definitely leftovers…. Going to try the air fryer for warming.  I always say I’m just going to make enough for one meal but it never turns out that way!

From experience, the air fryer does a good job warming. Just be over vigilant.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2022, 01:56:06 PM »

From experience, the air fryer does a good job warming. Just be over vigilant.

I’ve found that the air fryer works well for many things.  Heck, before going low carb I’d cook a couple of frozen pillsbury biscuits that rival any I’ve ever had.  Lately it’s my cauliflower tots cooker  and chicken warmer.  Cooks pretty good asparagus too.