Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Arteflame burger pucks  (Read 191 times)

therod

• Smokey Joe
Arteflame burger pucks
« on: February 01, 2022, 06:10:46 AM »
I was recently gifted a pair of the Arteflame burger pucks. They are carbon steel and they are pretty rusty. Wha is the best way to get rid of the rust? Steel wool? I would like to clean them up and get them seasoned. Any and all help appreciated! Thanks!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Arteflame burger pucks
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 07:01:26 AM »
Evapo-Rust might be a good option although I've not had the best luck with it.  I resurfaced a rusty plancha using a wire wheel and drill which definitely removed all the rust.  Be sure to re-season when you're done.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 07:14:37 AM »
Evaporust works best when you remove the heavy rust physically and completely immerse the item in the rust remover.  Warmer temperatures are also better than colder.   If you cannot immerse the item, paper towels soaked in it touching or wrapped on the item also works.  For example, it’s all I use for kettle triangles.   A water heater drip pan works very well. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Transit98

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 01:13:37 AM »
Simple wash with soap and water, rub with steel wool. After wash place on your stove quickly to take out the moisture than rub with grape seed oil.

After that place in 500 degree overnight with a light coat of grape seed or peanut. Keep 45-60 minutes. Turn oven off.

Now cook on them

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club