Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Red Thumbscrew  (Read 283 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Red Thumbscrew
« on: October 26, 2021, 04:05:58 AM »
I am always looking for weber grills both gassers and kettles.  I saw an ad for a gasser but hey I also spied a red in the background, zoomed in, wait a minute I see thumbscrews.  Sent a FB Message asking if the Red was for sale, his response "Yes how did you know"  I replied "well, I was just asking if it was".  He confirmed and gave me a price, it was very fair so I hopped in the grill gitter and snagged it.

Side note: while I was running around I had ribs on the Summit charcoal and was using the BBQ Guru cyberQ cloud that I purchase recently.  That thing is cool, while I was at the store I brought up the app and was able to adjust the temp on the fly.  Pic below of my cook.  Highly recommend it.  They don't sell the cyberq but have a replacement now  @edhead35
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Fat Tony

• WKC Brave
Re: Red Thumbscrew
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 04:25:03 AM »
Nice find! That's a beautiful thumbscrew!!

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 04:41:25 AM »
the thumbscrews were fairly rusted, I was able to get 2 out successfully(lots of bp blaster and patients) but one snapped off.  I drilled it and retapped all threads with a 1/4 20 tap and purchased all new thumbscrews.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 05:23:15 AM »
Two very nice finds.  Congrats!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 06:00:15 AM »
Sweet grills
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2021, 11:46:51 PM »
Beauty find!!!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Kain

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2021, 12:43:17 AM »
Awesome find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk