Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Maybe my new favorite pic  (Read 4608 times)

DougWilsonsSlapper

• WKC Brave
Re: Maybe my new favorite pic
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2020, 04:30:20 AM »
Do you think the Weber Go Anywhere is better than the Jumbo Joe or Smokey Joe?   I'm thinking about adding one of these to my arsenal for quick cooks for the family.

Yep.  I saw it at my local drug store/pharmacy, of all places, and nabbed it!

Sweet, is that a toy Weber?

Indeed the 26" is a beast of a grill

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Thanks.  I got all the grills, now I want a kid to complete the set [emoji7].

I guess you're new to coal/kettles.  I think you're going the right route.  Learning all the alternative ways to do things, before jumping straight in with a slow n sear (there was life before one, although I do have one myself).  The 26" has great real estate to make it that little bit easier to try things out.

I've got two here in the UK.  It always amazes me that two of their best charcoal pieces of kit are some of the least popular, the other being the WGA/Weber Go Anywhere, which I'm also a massive fan of.  They've  currently stopped doing the 26", but they seem to bring them back out every few years.

DougWilsonsSlapper

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2020, 04:58:59 AM »
Doing some research on my own on this one.  Think I'm good here, for now...

Do you think the Weber Go Anywhere is better than the Jumbo Joe or Smokey Joe?   I'm thinking about adding one of these to my arsenal for quick cooks for the family.

I guess you're new to coal/kettles.  I think you're going the right route.  Learning all the alternative ways to do things, before jumping straight in with a slow n sear (there was life before one, although I do have one myself).  The 26" has great real estate to make it that little bit easier to try things out.

I've got two here in the UK.  It always amazes me that two of their best charcoal pieces of kit are some of the least popular, the other being the WGA/Weber Go Anywhere, which I'm also a massive fan of.  They've  currently stopped doing the 26", but they seem to bring them back out every few years.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2020, 05:30:14 AM »

The main reason I have never been interested in a slow in sear is I do a lot of cooking with coals spread out as well as banking. I don’t want to have to move the sns in and out of the grill frequently. Also, I made a “better bigger” basket. It takes five minutes and is light weight and convenient. I used it last night for ribs. It’s also free if you have a pair of baskets.

A bigger better basket case http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=28842

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

DougWilsonsSlapper

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2020, 05:39:27 AM »
How was this done to make the bigger basket?  My handy skills are not good.

I just know with the SnS that I'd still want more direct grilling space.   Using fire bricks and that bigger basket seem like better solutions for me. 

The main reason I have never been interested in a slow in sear is I do a lot of cooking with coals spread out as well as banking. I don’t want to have to move the sns in and out of the grill frequently. Also, I made a “better bigger” basket. It takes five minutes and is light weight and convenient. I used it last night for ribs. It’s also free if you have a pair of baskets.

A bigger better basket case http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=28842

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2020, 05:49:01 AM »
You take the baskets apart. It’s super easy. I think there is just a couple metal tabs holding them together. Then you configure the pieces similar to what’s shown in the link and drill a few holes and bolt together with some short stainless bolts. If you have a drill and the bolts, it literally takes five minutes. There is no cutting. They could be unbolted and restored to stock.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2020, 05:50:09 AM »
Here is a thread with details on how to construct/mod a “Bigger, Better Basket”

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=28842.msg285107#msg285107
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

DougWilsonsSlapper

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2020, 06:00:22 AM »
I'm going to do this, for sure.

Here is a thread with details on how to construct/mod a “Bigger, Better Basket”

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=28842.msg285107#msg285107

Shanks Kop

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2020, 09:44:39 AM »

I have the WGA (used weekly at home and on my travels, I have 3), Jumbo Joe (my portable when I need bigger space) and Smokey Joe (seldom, if ever used anymore)

I see the WGA and Smokey Joe competing for the same market space.  The WGA for me wins in every single department, the way it packs up, the way you can do indirect easily and the usable real estate that is afforded.

Ashley Coalburn

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2020, 09:50:44 AM »
Did you get HER a SlownSear yet?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

FIFY!  ;D

DougWilsonsSlapper

• WKC Brave
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2020, 09:53:22 AM »
That would be correct move actually. 

I could get it for her for Father's Day.
Did you get HER a SlownSear yet?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

FIFY!  ;D

DougWilsonsSlapper

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2020, 11:08:41 AM »
What do you cook on the Go Anywhere?  I'm just thinking 3 steaks, 5 burgers, etc.

I have the WGA (used weekly at home and on my travels, I have 3), Jumbo Joe (my portable when I need bigger space) and Smokey Joe (seldom, if ever used anymore)

I see the WGA and Smokey Joe competing for the same market space.  The WGA for me wins in every single department, the way it packs up, the way you can do indirect easily and the usable real estate that is afforded.

1spacemanspiff

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2020, 12:54:12 PM »
That photo is priceless.  IMHO it would make some nice wall art
ISO Yellow Offset SJ, Yellow ranger

Shanks Kop

• WKC Brave
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2020, 01:41:49 PM »
What do you cook on the Go Anywhere?  I'm just thinking 3 steaks, 5 burgers, etc.

Seems alot of my pics on the phone are archived

A quick random search of a couple of my cooks

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=38683.0

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=38581.0

Other interesting threads:
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=39262.0

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=38518.0

DougWilsonsSlapper

• WKC Brave
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2020, 03:32:15 PM »
Wow.  Thanks!

Seems alot of my pics on the phone are archived

A quick random search of a couple of my cooks

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=38683.0

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=38581.0

Other interesting threads:
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=39262.0

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=38518.0

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2020, 04:38:33 PM »
I cook burgers, brats and hotdogs direct on a charcoal go anywhere.(no pics)
I also smoke salmon or trout indirect on a go anywhere with a homemade little deflector plate.
I have at least 6 Smokey Joe's. I cannot remember when the last time I cooked on one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere