Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New color Master Touch Appreciation thread  (Read 3122 times)

WNC

• WKC Performer
Re: New color Master Touch Appreciation thread
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2020, 05:32:48 PM »
Oh shit
Just noticed...

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2020, 07:06:51 PM »
Oh shit
Just noticed...

Perfectly fine! No Problem. How can we not mention Gen1 MT kettles.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 07:11:51 PM by greenweb »

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2020, 07:20:26 PM »
I’d say my appreciation for Weber models shifts, but I am currently feeling the MT. Perhaps the most perfectly functional stand alone grill. Classic Weber aesthetic and versatility.
My blue and a red I converted

That comment pretty much sums up about MT kettles

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2020, 11:57:18 PM »
A Glen Blue in 22 or 26 I would buy no questions asked!! Also luv my MT!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Philipb

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2020, 04:08:24 AM »
here is my new master touch premium

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2020, 04:42:55 AM »

pretty sporty looking grill !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2020, 12:54:16 PM »
Great looking Master touch kettles guys! 

Here is my Smoke MT at work. Doing some ABTs as of now.

Nickb23

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2020, 04:21:16 AM »

Hey Philip,
Go mine a few weeks ago. really like it, but found it hard to get the lid to sit properly with the hinge. When not using the hinge, it sits perfectly, but with hinge i had to push the lid down on the front to close. I did the spring trick too, but made not much difference. Hows does your sit with the hinge?

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2020, 06:03:09 AM »
I read about that Glen Blue 26er on FB. DAAAAMN!!!!

Realistically, we will most likely never see that in a production 26er though I would kill for a 22 MT version. I need to get some pictures together soon. I've been eying the Smoke for some time now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2020, 06:16:30 AM »
I read about that Glen Blue 26er on FB. DAAAAMN!!!!

Realistically, we will most likely never see that in a production 26er though I would kill for a 22 MT version. I need to get some pictures together soon. I've been eying the Smoke for some time now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
The Smoke in person is a beauty
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Philipb

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2020, 12:44:49 AM »

Hey Philip,
Go mine a few weeks ago. really like it, but found it hard to get the lid to sit properly with the hinge. When not using the hinge, it sits perfectly, but with hinge i had to push the lid down on the front to close. I did the spring trick too, but made not much difference. Hows does your sit with the hinge?

yes the hinge is very tricky to set up. I got mine to sit well enough for grilling but for low and slow or smoking it is not sealed. As you say you can detach the lid from the hinge and just sit it on top like any other webber grill. However removing the lid is a two handed operation as there is no top handle.

Last week I did low and slow ribs. I used a bungee cord to pull the lid down and it did the trick but I dont think it is a permanent solution.

to be honest with the hinge in use it will be difficult to get a perfect seal as even small changes like the tension on the quick release screw make a difference.

I guess it all comes down to how you use your kettle. for grilling the lid is excellent and makes things very convenient, but if you need a tight seal for smoking it does not work so well. adding a gasket might help. I am still trying things out with mine so the jury is still out

DLTB-UK

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2020, 02:55:40 AM »

Hey Philip,

yes the hinge is very tricky to set up. I got mine to sit well enough for grilling but for low and slow or smoking it is not sealed. As you say you can detach the lid from the hinge and just sit it on top like any other webber grill. However removing the lid is a two handed operation as there is no top handle.

Last week I did low and slow ribs. I used a bungee cord to pull the lid down and it did the trick but I dont think it is a permanent solution.

to be honest with the hinge in use it will be difficult to get a perfect seal as even small changes like the tension on the quick release screw make a difference.

I guess it all comes down to how you use your kettle. for grilling the lid is excellent and makes things very convenient, but if you need a tight seal for smoking it does not work so well. adding a gasket might help. I am still trying things out with mine so the jury is still out

The hinge!
Last summer I also bought the premium as I was stuck between buying a kettle or a smoker and it seemed asthough this baby would cover both given that you get the deflector plate and smoke ring etc as part of it.

Initially I was having the same issue, great for grilling but when smoking getting a decent amount of smoke coming from everywhere!

The trick with swapping the hinge springs around made a big difference (you can find a tutorial on you tube) but also tweaking the position of the nuts which attach to the bowl makes the final adjustment.

It wasn't perfect but having now used it for nearly a year the final tiny leaky bits around the rim have almost sealed themselves with the kind of funky gunk produced by using it for smoking and grilling. Don't get me wrong I keep the inside of the grill clean enough to eat from, I just let the rim stay a little sticky in order to solve the issue.

Hope this helps as I think it's such a great all rounder once its been tweaked!

wgjones3

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2020, 10:32:43 AM »
I also have a custom copper.

That is EXACTLY what I wanted to buy from Weber last year! The regular kettle just sits too low for me to use comfortably -- I got a black regular kettle off of Facebook Marketplace just to make sure before pulling the trigger on a Master Touch.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2020, 04:42:39 AM »

That is EXACTLY what I wanted to buy from Weber last year! The regular kettle just sits too low for me to use comfortably -- I got a black regular kettle off of Facebook Marketplace just to make sure before pulling the trigger on a Master Touch.

Sounds like you need the taller MT.  Do it!

« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 04:45:04 AM by greenweb »

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2020, 04:45:29 AM »
Here is my current MT collection. I have let go LE Red, Crimson and the Copper will be going. I have added black MT.

3 of them sharing cooking duties along with @ 10 other kettles.

Rest of them waiting to be called out for cooking duties.