Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Bruised fruit.  (Read 1428 times)

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
Bruised fruit.
« on: April 29, 2020, 08:11:56 AM »
So I really haven't been adding any "new" family members for the last year or so. Although I do still check out the usual for sale ads for anything special. This bruised plum OTP was on FB and found with "asador" as the search word. Kettle and lid are in excellent shape, I can't say the same for the table and wheels. I didn't even know Weber offered the OTP in Plum, DA code. Not sure if I'm gonna bring the OTP back or drop the kettle in a different frame. either way, it's a color I needed to add to the crew.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 09:06:23 AM by Scott Zee »
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Bruised fruit.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 08:27:32 AM »
Plum beautiful
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 08:40:30 AM »
Nice score!  Love the plum color.

Lilyankee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 08:57:06 AM »
Looks nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 09:21:28 AM »
Nice one Scott [emoji482]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 09:38:43 AM »
NICE!  I saw that one too, but debated. 
regards,
Hal

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 10:01:13 AM »
Nice find!  I think that would slick with the modern black table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2020, 10:33:32 AM »
She's a beauty!!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2020, 11:55:11 AM »
Looks to be in wonderful shape!  I'd love to have a plum 18....

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2020, 12:36:38 PM »
That is nice!  Someone actually cut the table like that?  Also, wondering if you can replace the table with reg. Performer table.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2020, 08:46:52 PM »
Broke.  Whether on that style or on the Performers, those fiber reinforced plastic (or maybe fiberglas) tables often crack.  Probably most often because it is so damn tempting for people to grab the table & lift a bit as they move the grill.  Always grab by the frame if you have one of those type of tops.  That is the nice thing about the SSP, it's frame has handles built in for grabbing in the first place (plus not that type of table anyway). 

That is nice!  Someone actually cut the table like that?  Also, wondering if you can replace the table with reg. Performer table.
regards,
Hal

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2020, 08:57:14 AM »
Are the mounting bolts different on the otp  table compared to the regular performer table? Seems like I remember reading that... idk lol

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2020, 10:49:42 AM »

Are the mounting bolts different on the otp  table compared to the regular performer table? Seems like I remember reading that... idk lol
yes, different.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2020, 07:45:43 AM »
Broke.  Whether on that style or on the Performers, those fiber reinforced plastic (or maybe fiberglas) tables often crack.  Probably most often because it is so damn tempting for people to grab the table & lift a bit as they move the grill.  Always grab by the frame if you have one of those type of tops.  That is the nice thing about the SSP, it's frame has handles built in for grabbing in the first place (plus not that type of table anyway). 

Not Broken but intentionally cut.  I was thinking not possible to break in that way, but I could be wrong. So, I got in contact with Scott Zee to confirm that the seller decided to cut the cracked table off completely.   

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2020, 08:38:40 AM »
I'm guessing Scott cut it straight, I didn't even look at his pictures.  My comment was based on my impression from the photos in the listing when it was available, but I didn't look at the table that closely then.  Was mainly looking at lid & bowl. However, I swear the table was a bit longer & more jagged in the listing.

Not Broken but intentionally cut.  I was thinking not possible to break in that way, but I could be wrong. So, I got in contact with Scott Zee to confirm that the seller decided to cut the cracked table off completely.   

« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 08:45:04 AM by PotsieWeber »
regards,
Hal