Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Griddle for kettle  (Read 3865 times)

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
Re: Griddle for kettle
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2019, 07:01:43 AM »
I had started a similar post on this a couple weeks ago, but I recently replied to it so it should be on the first page of this subject.  I was inquiring about the following full-size griddle:

http://theburnshopwf.com/custom-grill-grates/

I'm currently hunting down a better design that I spotted elsewhere in the post.  If you're looking for simply a full top griddle, the one above will probable work great for your 22".
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

Tomo1970

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2019, 08:56:39 AM »

I had started a similar post on this a couple weeks ago, but I recently replied to it so it should be on the first page of this subject.  I was inquiring about the following full-size griddle:

http://theburnshopwf.com/custom-grill-grates/

I'm currently hunting down a better design that I spotted elsewhere in the post.  If you're looking for simply a full top griddle, the one above will probable work great for your 22".

That looks like a great option but more than what I wanted to spend on this. I think my 20” cast iron pan will work great for me. I’m gonna give it a test run this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2019, 10:08:28 AM »
Understood - it's pretty typical that the full circumference products tend to run more expensive - especially when they're the high quality stainless steel or cast iron.  Hence why I was curious if anyone else had purchased it - it's a lot of money to spend on something that you're not sure works well (or consistently).  Good luck!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2019, 07:29:41 PM »

Anyone have any experience with this: http://www.mojoegriddle.com/shop/mojoe-griddle

If it’s 1/4” carbon steel - I can make that.

You could always just by a steel plate on eBay:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-4-Steel-Plate-Disc-Shaped-20-00-Diameter-250-A36-Steel-Round-Circle/201988333243?hash=item2f07715ebb:g:HUQAAOSwHnFVnzJF

I bought one to use as a pizza steel.  Holds heat like a mofo  . . .
dude! You’ve been crowned Captain Brilliant for the rest of the week!

I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

Tomo1970

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2019, 05:01:13 PM »

You don’t need or want a ton of heat on your griddle to do pancakes or bacon and eggs! I use something around 18-21 coals nicely placed to give even heat and I have used this lots of times and it’s perfect!
Here is a photo of my coals for breakfast cooks. For meats or searing steaks you can easily add a row to it.
Ja it will get Real HOT and Stay hot so if you do need to move it.. be real careful and have a good safe place to set it! Or just close the vents and fire up another grill! [emoji6]

Great advice. I tried cooking with the same coals I used for seasoning - it was way too hot. About how long does 18-21 coals laid out like that last?

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2019, 02:04:57 PM »
Not really sure how long they last. I cooked the eggs, bacon and even pancakes and they were still going strong.
Maybe 1.5 hours of constant cooking before it would start to lose steam??

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2019, 10:56:35 PM »
I have the Stok cast iron griddle. This is the Stok griddle. It was about 80 dollars.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 10:58:55 PM by Jon »