Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Anybody know what this grill is worth?  (Read 830 times)

nvandyke

• WKC Brave
Anybody know what this grill is worth?
« on: May 13, 2019, 10:07:25 AM »
I don't know anything about it.  Is it just faded/dirty?  Or did they come in a gray color?  Metal bowl handles and wooden lid handle.  Looks like a 3-daisy wheel bowl.  Any info would be appreciated

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 10:21:53 AM »
It was black and has faded over time.   It was called the “Texan.”  It’s probably from 1973-1974 based on the wheels and the bowl vent tabs.   It’s worth whatever you’re willing to spend on it!   Good first vintage kettle if your getting into the hobby.  This one has some issues.  The triangle is bent.   The rear metal handle looks bent.   I spent $25 on my first one only it was a 1979. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 10:26:54 AM by michaelmilitello »

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Re: Anybody know what this grill is worth?
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 10:28:04 AM »
I can’t tell you an actual value, cuz that really depends on the region you’re in.  It’s a faded black kettle.  It has plastic wheels with rubber tread, so it should be Pat. Pending.  Still has the ash pan.  Triangle is damaged, but easy to find a donor if you can’t get it back in shape.  It really depends on what you’re willing to spend for it.  Here in WI, we can usually snag ‘em all day for $50, or less.  I’d say anything under $100 is fair.

Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 10:41:51 AM »
It’s a faded black 22. By the look of the wheels, early 1970’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 10:56:07 AM »
Shit, for almost $100, I reluctantly volunteer to be a seller on such transaction. 
I'd be doing it strictly out of the goodness of my heart, for kettle karma, because I bought to damn many kettles, & not any other reason whatsoever.

The only slight problem is that if you want something of the same vintage, mine is in better condition.

I can’t tell you an actual value, cuz that really depends on the region you’re in.  It’s a faded black kettle.  It has plastic wheels with rubber tread, so it should be Pat. Pending.  Still has the ash pan.  Triangle is damaged, but easy to find a donor if you can’t get it back in shape.  It really depends on what you’re willing to spend for it.  Here in WI, we can usually snag ‘em all day for $50, or less.  I’d say anything under $100 is fair.

regards,
Hal

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 11:01:40 AM »
Dont give them what they want ($25), go to their location and make your first offer FREE

Im the cheapest grillfella in the neighborhood, got more free grills than I probly should...thats what it takes to be a CREEP like me.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 11:33:08 AM »

Dont give them what they want ($25), go to their location and make your first offer FREE

Im the cheapest grillfella in the neighborhood, got more free grills than I probly should...thats what it takes to be a CREEP like me.

Exactly!!! Tell the seller you they won’t have to pay a dump fee. [emoji106]

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 11:36:00 AM »

Exactly!!! Tell the seller you they won’t have to pay a dump fee. [emoji106]

That would be a good name for a grill "DumpFee"
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

randy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2019, 11:38:30 AM »
Those make damn fine pizza grills, paid $10 for mine.

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2019, 08:33:06 PM »
The price is always different with each seller.  I paid $40 for one and $12.50 for another.