Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Spinach and feta cheese stuffed lamb back straps with a roasted zucchini salad  (Read 469 times)

Schuey

• WKC Brave
Here's a great one for you all to try, nice and easy to with heaps of flavour.

Spinach and feta cheese stuffed lamb back straps with a roasted zucchini salad

Ingredients:
4 x medium sized zucchinis, trimmed and thickly sliced diagonally.
4 x red capsicums seeded and cut into thick strips.
500grams of cherry tomatoes.
2 x red onions, cut into wedges.
4 x tablespoons of olive oil.
4 x teaspoons of smoked paprika.
2 x teaspoons of dried mint leaves.
Salt & Pepper.
4 x lamb back straps
400grams of frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and drained.
100grams of soft feta.
2 x garlic cloves, crushed.

Method: Salad / vegetables
Place all cut up vegetables into a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, paprika, mint and salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.

Place in a Weber set up for roasting with two charcoal baskets on either side of the charcoal grate, place the baking dish on the cooking grate and position in between the charcoal baskets. I ran my Weber at around 350f (177c) and cooked the vegetables for 30 minutes, turning them once or twice. You’ll know when they ready as the tomatoes will start to break down.

Take off the heat and allow to cool for a couple of minutes.

Method: Lamb
Use a sharp knife and cut a pocket into the side of each back strap. Combine the feta, spinach and garlic in a bowl, then fill each one up with plenty of the spinach mixture. Then tie each back strap up with 5 – 6 pieces of cooking string to hold everything together. Lightly brush with olive oil and season. ( I used Hardcore Carnivores Camo)

Place in a Weber using an indirect heat set up. I used one JG BBQ offset plates and ran my Weber at 375f (190c) I cooked them for around 30 minutes until an internal temp of 145f (63c) and then seared each side for a minute.

Then I rested them under foil for 5 minutes while I plated up the salad.

Then take the string off and thickly cut the back straps and place on the salad and serve.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 02:11:14 PM by Schuey »
It wasn't me......Well maybe it was..

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Looks delish, my wife would like all of that. I just may give that a try I'm always looking for new ideas
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Schuey

• WKC Brave
Looks delish, my wife would like all of that. I just may give that a try I'm always looking for new ideas

Cheers mate, I hope you both enjoy it :)
It wasn't me......Well maybe it was..