Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ribs and sweet potato fries  (Read 560 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Ribs and sweet potato fries
« on: April 14, 2019, 01:34:21 PM »
Some back ribs with homemade honey mustard jalapeño sauce and red sauce. I fried up bacon for bbq baked beans and decided last minute to make fries out of a very large organic sweet potato. I fried in the bacon grease and dusted with sea salt. Very good!!

I have to be honest, I much prefer St. Louis style ribs over back ribs but these were still very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Ribs and sweet potato fries
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 01:45:11 PM »
Damn that looks good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Kain

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 02:15:58 PM »
They look awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 04:36:32 PM »
I gotta admit that I want regular fries instead of sweet tater fries...But...You know...Whatever...The ribs look awesome...I want some...

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 05:05:59 AM »

I gotta admit that I want regular fries instead of sweet tater fries...But...You know...Whatever...The ribs look awesome...I want some...

We have come to think of sweet potatoes as healthier so we eat them frequently. However, I doubt they were any healthier cooked like this lol.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 07:35:13 AM »
Your ribs look great as always.  The mustard jalapeno sauce sound really awesome.  Did you make it?
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 07:46:06 AM »

Your ribs look great as always.  The mustard jalapeno sauce sound really awesome.  Did you make it?

Thanks and yes. It’s just jarred jalapeños from gfs, mustard, and honey. I blend up about a 1/4 cup of jalapeños with some of the juice then add to about a cup of mustard and add honey to taste. I should probably Jazz that recipe up a bit but the family likes it so I leave it alone.

I’ve seen other recipes for mustard based sauces that I’ve been meaning to try but this one is as easy as it gets.

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 07:49:23 AM »
Just might have to try this...