Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Upgraded from a Performer.  (Read 1746 times)

Roadrider84

• Smokey Joe
Upgraded from a Performer.
« on: January 29, 2019, 12:11:34 PM »
We have had a Performer Deluxe for 3-4 years now and have enjoyed cooking on it. The features and benefits of the table have been an envy of a few of my friends. But I personally started to dislike it.

My wife was surprised and when I shared why, she understood completely. The cool feature of the table was the reason why I was disliking it. Always felt trapped by the table on one side versus freely moving around and managing the grill.

So I upgraded to a 26er. Really like it a lot. Nw my wife asks when am I selling the Performer? I ask her what’s the rush. LOL.  We have a decent sized backyard and don’t worry about space.

Curious how many have upgraded from a Performer to a 26er and still kept both.

rwalters

• Smokey Joe
Re: Upgraded from a Performer.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 01:08:42 PM »
My only kettle is the 26.75” big boy. No desire for a smaller one anymore. Doesn’t mean keeping your Performer is a bad thing... I just cook for to many people to be able to comfortably cook on a 22 anymore.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Upgraded from a Performer.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 01:15:20 PM »
I actually owned a normal 22 and a 26 before getting a performer. Always thought I might be missing out. Turns out I don’t care for performers.

26 is my most used and favorite to this day and I’ve owned it for several years.

Plus I can chuck the 22 or 26 in the truck by myself and take to a tailgate. The performer would be more difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 01:19:31 PM by HoosierKettle »

KettleMaster

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 01:18:28 PM »
I have both but mostly use my 26er.I love my Gen2 performer  but the 26 is king as far as realestate, and no attached table.Both are good to have around if you have the space.The  gas assist never gets old!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 02:18:36 PM »
I've got 22 OTG that hasn't seen a briquette since the day I put my 26er together.  But I understand many, many here love having different cookers in their rotation or have some that dedicated for specific uses, like a dedicated Roti cooker or like of the Joes just for grilling steaks.

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 05:16:02 PM »
I use my 26er a lot but I still like my performers. I have one parked next to the 26 and often use the table when working on the 26.

Roadrider84

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 06:44:05 PM »
Not sure if anyone here has one specific for the 26er. I never felt a need for one before but interested in the SnS for the 26er. Thoughts?

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 07:55:35 PM »
Not sure if anyone here has one specific for the 26er. I never felt a need for one before but interested in the SnS for the 26er. Thoughts?
I have a standard sized SnS and it works just fine in my 26" kettle, as well as my 22"kettles.
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 09:38:38 PM »
With a 26, plus a few 22s and enough chimney starters, you can cook a large Thanksgiving with ease.

Jan M.

• WKC Brave
    • Mogschrauber
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2019, 01:19:32 PM »
I love my Performers. I’m a big fan of the gas ignition and the table.
I have a 26” kettle and it’s new.
Never used as yet.
I’ll give the 26” this summer a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Best regards,
Jan

KettleMaster

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2019, 08:20:22 AM »
Open that new shiny 26 up for superbowl!

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2019, 09:44:27 AM »
I had my performer then got my 26.  The performer is the daily driver, especially in the winter when I store vintage kettles. I use the 26 for packer briskets and any cook more than 4 people. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2019, 12:52:18 PM »
I love using my 26" but I tend to use 22" kettle most of time. For bigger cooks, I prefer 22" plus 18"  or 2 x 22" combo.

Personally, I don't think it an upgrade to go from a Performer to a 26". For most of us having the table space and the gas assist to light charcoal chimney is a big plus.  By the same token, having the most cooking space and no table seems to be the best kettle and an upgrade for you.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2019, 01:13:19 PM »
I love using my 26" but I tend to use 22" kettle most of time. For bigger cooks, I prefer 22" plus 18"  or 2 x 22" combo.

Personally, I don't think it an upgrade to go from a Performer to a 26". For most of us having the table space and the gas assist to light charcoal chimney is a big plus.  By the same token, having the most cooking space and no table seems to be the best kettle and an upgrade for you.
I'm one of the very few folks that have almost zero interest in a 26.  Ended up selling both of my 26. I use a slightly different cooking method and prefer to gain cooking space vertically by using  multiple grates on a stacker. If more cooking space is needed, i just fire up another performer.  Don't even remember the last time I've used a kettle without a stacker. 

KettleMaster

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2019, 04:48:30 PM »
Both options work well it just comes down to what works for you and your family/etc....but nothing wrong with having multiple grills....haha