Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: One year in.  (Read 680 times)

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
One year in.
« on: October 07, 2018, 05:39:09 PM »
Hey all.  I just remembered that I joined WKC at the end of the previous September. I found Troy's YouTube vid on cleaning kettles that summer, and that led me here.  Like a lot of you, I owned one grill when I joined. In my case, a SJ, and just lucked out to have had a 1972 22 Cado in the family since it was new.  I've pretty much adopted it after the RRR.  A year and a week later, I have accumulated 20 more.  I have been enjoying finding MBHs and have generally gravitated to finding 18s of varying vintage. I have had dealings with a bunch of very nice, helpful, and generous members, and have tried to help others as often as I can.  I also recruited one member to the club during a long distance CL deal.  This site is such a great resource of accumulated knowledge, I have learned a ton and hope to continue learning.  My grilling acumen has also been raised several notches.  Thanks much to the admins and other members who contribute so much here!  This is my modest MBH collection, so far.  A special thank you to @kettlebb and @Craig for each selling and shipping me one of the 18s.  A couple of brownies are the next likely slots to be filled.  Thanks for looking.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 06:06:06 PM by Grillagin »

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
Re: One year in.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 05:43:24 PM »
Hells yeah!! Been a good year I’d say!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 06:29:21 PM »
[emoji106][emoji106] I enjoy seeing your posts and texts when you score. Your RRR work is really nice too. I’d say it’s been a great year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 05:04:06 AM »
Happy 1 year anniversary, we are lucky to have you here and I know I enjoy your posts
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 05:06:34 AM »
I imagine that story has been replicated by many of us over and over.

congratulations on your one year and finding something we all find so fun.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 07:59:00 AM »
"You come a long way"

Looking forward to many more years of sharing and contribution.