Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 26” online score !!!!  (Read 1278 times)

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
26” online score !!!!
« on: June 08, 2018, 12:53:12 PM »
Normally I look on the online garage sale apps a couple times a day to see what’s out there , it’s been the same old shit last few months . Well today I check varage sale. Which is where I scored a couple of my finds. Today I seen a new post that reads “ 27 inch Weber for sale” hmmm can’t be ... so I check it out and sure as shit there is a nice 26” kettle. Listed
For 125$. I message the seller and asked what the bottom dollar was . They replied 100$. Holy shit. At. This time I am on my lunch break at work. So..... I text the wife .... “ummm hey babe”..... “wanna do me a favor?? “ Lol. I tell her about it. She wants a pic ..... she says “ don’t you already have a black one” .... ok yes that is true . “But this one bigger.” Waiting .... waiting .... Waiting ..... she replies . “ OMG how much?!?!?!?..  100$ [emoji51]... She goes , send me the address .    WOOOOO HOOOOOO ! I couldn’t believe it. She went and picked this sucker up for me today . She usually doesn’t give me much crap about my
Grill hobby. Other than a “ no you already have to many grills “ or the occasional eye roll.... so I come home , gave it a quick wash with dawn. It has some gunk in the lid . It came with 1 full bag kingsford . And two half bags of kingsford . Plus Weber charcoal baskets . All for 100 bucks . I was pretty pleased . Finally scored a 26. I mean I have been waiting patiently.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

jdorn

• WKC Ranger
Re: 26” online score !!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 12:54:28 PM »
Congrats! I'm still on the quest for one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

gamecock_engr

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 01:06:33 PM »
Sweet

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 01:12:36 PM »
Aren't we all on this quest?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 01:48:50 PM »
Nicely done both the wife and grill are keepers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 03:14:56 PM »
Grate score!   I hope to pick my first 26 for $140 next week.  Only problem is I have a five hour round trip to get it. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 04:23:21 PM »

Nicely done both the wife and grill are keepers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Looks like I’ll have to keep her around awhile !

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2018, 05:23:14 PM »
It was missing the bowl plastic handle , i don’t have a Grey one to put on it so I had a white one laying around . Not perfect but it will work till I can find a grey handle

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2018, 08:48:42 PM »
Awesome!! I have missed out on 3 26s due to people offering more than what the seller asked... still patiently waiting

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2018, 09:19:30 PM »
First off...awesome job by wifey!

Second...welcome to the club!

Once you try one out...you're perspective will change.

Congrats.

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2018, 11:46:49 PM »
Oh, just wait. They look so similar to a 22, but once you lift the lid & feel the weight, you’ll know you’re in a whole new territory. Then, once you fit a whole Costco-sized salmon filet on the offset side, or reverse sear six ribeyes at the same time, you’ll get it. ;) Welcome.

-Jed
-Jed

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2018, 08:22:32 AM »
Oh, just wait. They look so similar to a 22, but once you lift the lid & feel the weight, you’ll know you’re in a whole new territory. Then, once you fit a whole Costco-sized salmon filet on the offset side, or reverse sear six ribeyes at the same time, you’ll get it. ;) Welcome.

-Jed

I love it when a guest picks up the lid of my 26er and comments how much of a workout it is!
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2018, 10:06:49 AM »
That's nice! I'm still looking... I'll get one one of these days.