Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First time salmon  (Read 807 times)

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
First time salmon
« on: May 27, 2018, 05:26:10 AM »
Last night I wanted to try something new , now first off I have had salmon before but was never a huge fan . Just to fishy for me. But it’s been awhile so I wanted to try it another way . I decided to throw little salt , pepper, and brown sugar on and let it sit in the fridge while I made a glaze. All I did was add some honey, minced garlic, little olive oil, and squeezed a lemon . Soaked my cedar plank for a couple hours . Tossed it on the Weber . Took about 20-25 minutes. I was nervous that I wouldn’t like it . But after I tried some I couldn’t stop eating it. Wow it was fantastic . I will for sure be doing this again .

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Larry

• WKC Brave
Re: First time salmon
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 05:43:09 AM »
Looks delicious, grate job. I cedar plank salmon often, I’m hooked also! I’m sure you’ll be cooking more in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
It's always better when you're cooking on a Weber!

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 05:43:58 AM »
[emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 09:41:12 AM »
Yum

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 06:25:48 PM »
Looks fantastic! I’ll have to try your method sometime.

Smoked salmon’s a favorite of mine as well, and I usually don’t like seafood that much. I’ve done the cedar plank a few times, but I honestly prefer it without the plank, just direct contact on the grill grate. (I do like scalloped potatoes cooked on the cedar planks in the Weber.)

Lots of good smoked salmon recipes out there. PM me if you want a couple of mine. Looks like you’ve got a winner though. :)

-Jed
-Jed

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2018, 09:35:22 PM »
I also had salmon years ago that was too fishy for me. Strong taste and smell, so I wrote it off as a fish I didnt like. Truth is, if salmon smells or tastes like this it is not fresh, and should be returned to the store for a refund.

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 05:44:47 AM »

Looks fantastic! I’ll have to try your method sometime.

Smoked salmon’s a favorite of mine as well, and I usually don’t like seafood that much. I’ve done the cedar plank a few times, but I honestly prefer it without the plank, just direct contact on the grill grate. (I do like scalloped potatoes cooked on the cedar planks in the Weber.)

Lots of good smoked salmon recipes out there. PM me if you want a couple of mine. Looks like you’ve got a winner though. :)

-Jed

Absolutely would love some salmon recipes ! All about trying new things!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 05:53:38 AM »
My preferred setup involves frozen filets (thawed) with skin-on, but that’s only if lucky around here. With skin still on, I do them right on the grate, indirect. If the skin comes up with the fish or stays on the grate it’s no matter; we don’t eat it anyway.

If they are packaged as skinless, they cook the same way but can be harder to remove from the grate without tearing. Planking works fine in both situations. I look for wild caught, not farm raised. Seasonings can be basic S&P, or all sorts of things.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch