Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ribs and burnt ends  (Read 676 times)

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Ribs and burnt ends
« on: May 20, 2018, 05:23:06 PM »
Baby backs needed some friends today, so I tried my hand at burnt ends made from chuck roast.  The chuckie was a nice alternative and faster alternative to a whole packer.  Sweet corn on the cob as the lone side.  Nice leisurely cook while watching my cubbies beat up cincy. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: Ribs and burnt ends
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 05:26:47 PM »
That looks delicious!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 07:47:08 PM »
Chuck has a very similar texture/flavor to brisket point or even plate ribs...so nice job there!

Did you cook (smoke) the chuck roast whole and then cube? Or cube it and cook it straight away to make the burnt ends?

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 05:25:28 AM »
Chuck has a very similar texture/flavor to brisket point or even plate ribs...so nice job there!

Did you cook (smoke) the chuck roast whole and then cube? Or cube it and cook it straight away to make the burnt ends?
I cut it into strips similar to pork country style ribs.   The idea was to create more bark and cook it a bit quicker.   After smoking for three hours, I cut it into cubes.   I usually cook it whole for pulled beef, but I wanted to try something new.  Rather than using foil pans for the braising phase, I’ve been using my lodge Dutch oven.  Works grate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk